Hello everyone, I am new to the message board. First off I'd like to say this is a wonderful site, and I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions.

I have been in the computer field for about 10 years now. Since I was young I always did little things like make peer to peer networks, fixed my families computers. I took a 2 year computer engineering course at college which covered basic IT networking, computer hardware, etc. I worked at a retail computer store as a manager for 5 years. I have now started my career in networking. Working for a company as an Network Administrator for about a year now.

I am looking to take a few certification courses so that I can get a higher paying and better job. As well to better my knowledge as well.

I am really interested in, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA and CCNP.

What would you all suggest me to take first, CCNA or MCSA? Or if you have any other suggestions i'd be open to that as well. Would I get a job easier with MCSA or CCNA?

Thanks again.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Go for CCNA/CCIE .

MCSA is more in the system administration (networking software) side while CCNA is more in the engineering (networking hardware) side so its really up to you on what you want to do in the near future. But having both will give you more good than harm. MCSE & CCNA Certifications coupled with field experience and/or related IT training certifications are an excellent and sometimes essential means to get professional success. It makes you a complete Network professional to start with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.