Hi, we all know we would love to have more ram or more graphics but if you could decide the specs even if such specs don't exist yet what would they be. So for example, I think my computer with 4GB of ram is terribly slow so below are the specs of my dream computer.
Ram: 8PB (Peta-bytes)
Graphics: 512TB (Terra-bytes)
Hard drive: 256PB (Peta-bytes)
Operating system: Linux

And your dream computer...

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

My dream computer would be a hologram that computes in the future and returns the results to the present, like in Star Trek Next Generation.

worry about currun world man... dont get over active and avoid foolishness because ur b'day is coming april 1........ so pray to god to giv u good brain

What happens on apral 1st. Is it end of the world or the day I need to use my brain?

Actually, I'm quite pleased with my current laptop, although I wish Windows 7 loaded faster.

On the other hand, I don't play games on my computer, I stick to consoles.

Actually, I'm quite pleased with my current laptop, although I wish Windows 7 loaded faster.

On the other hand, I don't play games on my computer, I stick to consoles.

You mean you don't compile code and you don't create movies or anything.

I am also fairly happy with my PC:
Dual boot - Novell openSuSe 11.2 x64 / Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Processor - AMD Phenom X4 9650
RAM - 8 GB DDR2-1066.
Hard Drive - 2 x 750 GB SATAII (RAID0).
Optical Storage - Blu-Ray reader & DVD Combi.
Graphics - PCI Express x16 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 - 1024 MB.

Works fine for what I need, both Windows and Linux boot completely in under 1 minute :)

You mean you don't compile code and you don't create movies or anything.

I compile code on it, but I don't do the bulk of my work from home. But compilation is no problem. No, I do not create movies.

No, I do not create movies.

You mean "yes" I do not create movies. When you say "no I do not", that means you do -- two negatives make a positive :)

"Yes, we have no banannas .."

The comma seperates the negative!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That's a great one. lol

You mean "yes" I do not create movies. When you say "no I do not", that means you do -- two negatives make a positive :)

"Yes, we have no banannas .."

i like laptop and my favorite laptop is

Core 2 Due 2.2
Hard Disk 320
RAM 3 GB
with Windows 7

As well you should.

AD - this is from Tongue and Quill, on commas:

b. After introductory words such as yes, no, or oh.
Yes, I’ll do it.
Oh, I see your point

In a related vein, there's the old story of the English prof explaining how two negatives make a positive, but no two positives make a negative. To which some student in the back of the lecture hall replies, "Yeah, right!"

Good return volley, love it. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.