I like to watch a lot of movies online. Well used to anyways. For some reason when I go online to StageVu or another site, even Youtube, my computer freezes during the movie/video no matter how long it is and becomes unresponsive. If I can get through a whole movie/video I have to restart the computer and run CCleaner before it will get back to normal running speed. I'm running BitDefender for my firewall and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I have noticed when I logon to Firefox/IE the computer runs at 100% and that's before I even try to watch a movie. I run my browser through sandbox which traps anything harmful and can be easily deleted, but even when I delete the contents I still have to restart the pc or it runs really slow.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I like to watch a lot of movies online. Well used to anyways. ........ I have noticed when I logon to Firefox/IE the computer runs at 100% and that's before I even try to watch a movie.....

I have had this exact same problem the past week. Check this thread out: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread261051.html

Things you may need to check:
1. Download Process Manager from Microsoft.com. I suspect you are going to find Hardware Interrupts as the main culprit for the constant CPU sucking.

2. If Hardware Interrupts are indeed the cause, then the next step would be to get to the Hardware Manager ->IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers->Primary IDE Channel. Look at the Advanced Settings in the properties of this channel and make sure the Current Transfer Mode is set to DMA(or a variation of DMA). If it is not DMA, meaning it probably is PIO, then that might be what's slowing down your PC. To switch back to DMA, check this forum out.

Please post back what you find.

Hardware Interrupts are running between 8.86 and 7.25 but not sure what that means. Ran resetdma.vbs but video still seems to be dragging/catching. Not sure how to check the IDE channel though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.