Help need please guys.

I don't know a thing about software, but need the following, and don't know where to start:

I want to manufacture a product that is a standalone music player, with no control buttons (play, stop, pause etc.), just one on/off button.

The product will be a small box, with an internal drive, and only a headphone output for the signal.

I have about 500MB worth of music files (currently in MP3 format, but can be changed to any), which I want to load onto the internal drive, and play them automatically, in a RANDOM order when the unit is turned on.

Please can someone point me in the direction of how I can have this software written, and what kind of drive I should be looking at.

As you can tell, software/IT is not my personal game, so any help appreciated.

Forgot to say, I'm looking to have 100s or 1000s of these produced, so cost of drive is essential.

will it have internal
speakers or headphones

no internal speakers, it will have phono outputs, a headphone output, and volume control.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.