Oh well, Google has dumped us out of the news index again with all the usual lame excuses which don't hold water such as our feed isn't edited (yes it is, only featured postings are submitted to Google News and they have to be chosen by one of the Staff Writers) or is a one-man operation (again not totally true, I might write most of the featured news entries, but if and when you guys post something newsworthy and relevant it also gets featured - hint hint) and so on.

So here's my cunning plan. As Google is doing the usual head buried in sand so you don't exist, la la la, thing with us, convincing them of the error of their ways is a tad difficult.

But, there is an option for users of Google News to recommend sources to be added to the index. Now considering some of the tat that seems to get credited as a reputable news source, I see no reason why members of Daniweb should not get together and submit us a site worthy of inclusion.

Anyone who wants to help get DaniWeb on the Google News map, please head over to the recommend a news source online form and suggest us with the URL of:

http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/featured-timestamp.html

Maybe if enough of us pester them with genuine requests they will sit up and take notice. Well, it has to be worth a try, doesn't it?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Oh, and if you can post a comment here to let us know that you have submitted us that would be way cool as it would give us a way to gauge the response - both of DaniWeb members but also of Google News should they choose to ignore a large volume of folk making the same suggestion.

done -- happy to help.

Done and done.

Also posted a touchy comment which would make their eyes water *sniff sniff*

Hehe. Glad I could help.

I think the DaniWeb blogs are a great news source -- I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Also posted a touchy comment which would make their eyes water *sniff sniff*

Now you're making me curious...

Done.

I think the DaniWeb blogs are a great news source -- I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Now you're making me curious...

Me too!

Just told them about the part Daniweb as a whole is playing in the development of kids... and all that.
Hope it should get them hooked on this one.

And dont worry it is not something which would harm Daniweb in any way.

Just told them about the part Daniweb as a whole is playing in the development of kids... and all that.
Hope it should get them hooked on this one..

What do you mean with that? I think that with my 15 I'm one of the younger people around here, do I fall by you under kids and is this helping my development? :P

What do you exactly mean with that?

Edit: I to did the recomment thingy BTW

Just to let you know there are many people who come here who fall in the age range of 10 - 15 and YES for me these are kids so dont think you are the yongest here :D. I did render help to a child who was 10 yrs old and wanted to start programming.

And when I say kid, it is in the sense they have just started learning programming.

Sheesh.. Dont know why dont kids dont like being called a kid :D

Thanks all.

What would also be really helpful, assuming you like the post your are reading at the time of course, is if you could use the links provided to add a bookmark at Slashdot.

Also, most of the blogs get added to Digg, so if you can go and add your vote there that would help exposure.

Easiest way to do all of this is to use the trackbacks feature which should take you straight to the relevant posting at each site when you hit the links.

Using trackbacks you can also see where else the blog postings are getting coverage, and if so inclined add your votes/comments at sites such as Netscape, Reddit and NewsVine. I see my latest Microsoft blog posting is being featured on both the technology and Microsoft home pages at NewsVine as I write, for example. Now it would be really cool to get something featured on their overall front page, but that involves people popping along and making their votes count...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.