I've been backing up my data just doing drag and drop from XP onto a CD or DVD. I've also been backing up to an off-site server location, using their software to meticulously check which files are data files and which aren't.

Does anyone know of software that can enable me to select files for backup and then back them up to a disc instead of uploading them?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Roobyroo,

You are right, Back up solutions present many problems .
in term of complexity to set up and plan the backup, Which file need to be backed up and how? Disaster recovery or disk failure?

I found and use a really cheap solution developed by SafeComs it is inspired by the most reliable solutions used by the multinational company and adapted to the SMB market in term of price with the same quality and results, here is the link to know more about it http://www.safecoms.com/sbox/overview.html and www.safecoms.com.

Believe me it is the best and the cheapest I’ve seen as I used to work for EMC-Legato.

Bye

I've been backing up my data just doing drag and drop from XP onto a CD or DVD. I've also been backing up to an off-site server location, using their software to meticulously check which files are data files and which aren't.

Does anyone know of software that can enable me to select files for backup and then back them up to a disc instead of uploading them?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.