From your experiences, which pay-per-click search engines is the best from the following 10?

Overture
Google Adwords
Miva ( formerly Findwhat )
GoClick
Enhance Interactive
7Search
Kanoodle
ePilot
Search123
SearchFeed

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Google Adwords.

Do you plan on voting in your own poll?

Adwords for sure then overture

I don't think this is much of a competition :)

I have voted "Google Adwords".
At present Google "The King Of Website Promotion & Internet Marketing" World.

I;m not using any of them at present, but I use adsense on my sites. Am pleased with it, so I think Adwords is also a good thing.

Nielsen/NetRatings, released recent market share data:

Google: 47.7%
Yahoo: 21.8%
MSN: 11.3%
AOL: 7.2%
Ask Jeeves: 6%
All the other SE's combined have approximately a 1.5% market share.

But, don't take that into consideration alone. Place tracking code on your URL's and webpages, and track. Test, Analyze the data. You might find that enhance interactive is the best converting SE, and not Google. You might get the best ROI on MIVA. Who really knows? It's different in each industry. BigResearch just conducted a study and found that in the Apparel industry the best converting SE's are in this order:
1. Yahoo!
2. AOL
3. MSN
4. Google
5. Ask Jeeves

So, if you are just interested in traffic volume, then Google is the answer. But, if you want to know which converts the best, then test and analyze for your individual results.

Hope this helps:-)

MSN has always produced the best audience for me. Surfers arriving from MSN stay the longest and visit the most number of pages in a session. But they just are simply not capable of delivering anywhere near the amount of visitors as Google is. And their PPC campaigns are way more expensive per click too! Unfortunately, even with Google's "lesser-quality visitors" as far as my specific traffic is concerned, it just doesn't balance out, and I have to stick to mostly organic with a little dash of AdWords thrown in.

I like Adwords i also like Overture i voted overture

Offcourse the best PPC service provider is Google without a doubt, the conversions are awesome but its a bit expensive.

Google, Overture and MSN.

You go with anything else and you're risking getting tons of fraudulent traffic and even the big 3 are not immune to it.

There are just too many black hat SEO types producing too much fraud to trust anything other than the big 3.

Well, obviously that would be adwords heh
But when you need lower prices, use smaller search engines

I consider smaller search engines to be fool's gold. The numbers look good, but they're empty. Always go for quality over quantity. Unless you're being paid on a CPM, hehe.

I keep hearing that people have better results with the smaller search engines. You can bid less, and for some reason they convert better, resulting in a drastically improved ROI. However, for me, I cannot validate the time and effort required to set up a PPC campaign to reach their miniscule 1% market share.

Google adword is the best. Msn is good. Yahoo No good! thats for me!

Yahoo has just too much of a slow and bulky interface for me.

Of course I use Adwords!!!

Depends on what domains you have, where the traffic comes from and what keyword you are using

google ADwords is the best.....

From your experiences, which pay-per-click search engines is the best from the following 10?

Overture
Google Adwords
Miva ( formerly Findwhat )
GoClick
Enhance Interactive
7Search
Kanoodle
ePilot
Search123
SearchFeed

for me the best one is ads-click.publisher 1 of the reasons is that you can search by best performing keyword and make sure you have the type of ads you really want to show on your site.

Always go for quality over quantity << I Agree with that =)

Google is the best but it all depends on your business. If your an ecommerce site Yahoo & MSN are good as well but it all comes down to ROI & CPA.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.