when you search my webpage by name I can see more than 300 results due to back links but when you try to find out what search engines like google has as links to my web page it only shows a few pages. could you help me understand why?
thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you mean that you're using the link: query in Google? This is just meant to be a sampling of some of the sites that link to you. That's okay though ... you don't want all your competitors to know exactly where you get all of your backlinks from :)

Instead, create an account with Google Webmaster Tools at www.google.com/webmasters/ ... It will give you much more detailed information about your own domain.

Do you mean that you're using the link: query in Google? This is just meant to be a sampling of some of the sites that link to you. That's okay though ... you don't want all your competitors to know exactly where you get all of your backlinks from :)

Instead, create an account with Google Webmaster Tools at www.google.com/webmasters/ ... It will give you much more detailed information about your own domain.

I just did and it was a good idea.
thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.