High quality links are very important for good Page Rank. Link from a 4/10 page rank or above is considered good but there are other factors too. Is there anyway else by which we can know that a particular link is of high quality?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Ya, go visit the linking page and ask yourself if it was worth visiting.

The one with .edu domain is more valuable than the .com, etc. Of course, don't forget the content of the site, it does really matters.

A link from a site with content related to your site carries more weight-even with PR0- than a High PR site with unrelated content. This is what the experts say, but would you refuse a back link from Google or Yahoo or even DMOZ which has no relation to your site. As you say there are other parameters at work and no one knows for sure.

There was a tool I've seen online that actually calculates the worth of having a link on a particular page. Basically takes the PR and outbound links into consideration.

There was a tool I've seen online that actually calculates the worth of having a link on a particular page. Basically takes the PR and outbound links into consideration.

If you find that again, don't forget to give me the link.

Thanks

Yeah, I also saw this tool before. You should also consider the outbound link of a site. More outbound link is not good for a site.

link having frequent search engine crawling is called good quality link

quality link is always crawl by google

You can add alexa toolbar on your browser,then you can see the site's pr.

You can add alexa toolbar on your browser,then you can see the site's pr.

We are not talking about alexa page rank we are discussing here google page rank. alexa page rank is by no means trustworthy. you can increase it by yourself by installing alexa toolbar and keep on visiting your page and there are traffic exchange websites by which you can artificially take your page into thousands from millions in one month.

Yes, go to Alexa.com and type in the url of the site you want to exchange links with. Then...

Take time to review the site. Would your visitors find the site helpful to them? Look at how many links are already pointing to this site.

What is the traffic ranking? Consider how long the site has been in existence when looking at this data. It may be relatively new. However, it may still be a great site and just needs time to get indexed by all the major search engines.

The purpose of getting links pointing to your site is to provide valuable information to your visitors and then to help your site ranking. However, if you don't hev great content these sites that you want to link to will not be interested. They have to see some benefit in placing your link on thier site.

To your success
:)

I seem to remember reading on a blog that traffic also plays into it. That if a web page is not only well ranked, but also has heavy traffic, then the crawlers will get to it frequently. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, which we may not know without getting into Google, then you would want to get links from good quality, popular web pages that are very busy.

See the link reports of site, check the crawling of the site,check the Page rank, check the site have relevant site or not. its very important you have to check home page as well as inner page of site.......

Well, first check if the link or site contains any adult content or not. The content should be impressive. Check the sources of that link. Check the Page rank of the site. If the sources and pr is high then its a quality link.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.