Yay for Bing! They're sending me 3X the amount of traffic that MSN used to. It's LITERALLY MS flipping a little switch and sending me 3X the amount of traffic one day to the next. Did anyone else notice a huge increase/decrease when Microsoft flipped the switch?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by goodroi

Oh, nevermind, I take that back. It looks like Google analytics is now reporting "bing" while before they reported "live" and "msn" as two different search engines (both started sending me 0 traffic when bing started sending me traffic). All together, Microsoft as a whole is consistent. Oh well. So much for being excited.

Google Analytics took a little time to recognize Bing as a search engine. The first few days Bing was launched, Google had it listed under the referral section.

You may see an increase of traffic from Bing since Microsoft is spending $100s of millions on advertising. I would expect that to generate more traffic on Bing which in turn will generate more traffic for you. Who knows how long that traffic boost will last.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.