I just was reading in one of my linkedin groups that there is word that Google updated their PageRank Algorithm beginning around June 23rd. I also read that this is about one month after the last update. Has anyone else heard this and what are the implications of this? I am still learning this area of SEO and I am curious as to what this all means.

I just was reading in one of my linkedin groups that there is word that Google updated their PageRank Algorithm beginning around June 23rd. I also read that this is about one month after the last update. Has anyone else heard this and what are the implications of this? I am still learning this area of SEO and I am curious as to what this all means.

Yes I have heard too, but don't know when they gonna do this.. Actually google algorithm is for giving PR to websites it is checked through many factors backlinks by dividing base ten. Now google is creating more tough rules to get good PR.

It's all rumors, but in general Google is looking to de-value non-relevant links.
For my site, I have seen our rankings do the "Google Dance", i.e. be at position 11 one day, 58 the next, and then back to 11. This is indicative of... well, something.
This was happening for a while, and I heard rumors they were going to be rolling out final changes sometime around 4th of July.
It's impossible to know exactly what changes were made, but chances are they have tweaked there relevancy algorithm and are now re-valuing, possibly de-valuing backlinks...

It seems to me that if Bing and Yahoo avoid having their own version of the Google Dance that should earn them some serious credibility with the SEO and website people. It sounds almost two easy but could this be the crack in the armor the Bing and Yahoo need to make serious inroads into Google's dominance.

Perhaps, but SEO and website people make up a tiny niche of all internet users... For the most part, no one but SEOs notice the google dance...
Also, being that Yahoo and Bing are basically trying to be google, and copying what they can from its algorithm, it seems to follow naturally that there will be a similar Bing dance and Yahoo dance.
I personally haven't paid enough attention to their results to know if this is true.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.