Hi All,

We have launched a website for plus-size women lingerie.

As a strategy, we want to promote our website through email marketing. But I have two doubts in my mind.

1. Whether Email Marketing would help to promote this type of website.
2. If it would be of any help, how could I collect the email ids of plus-size women.

If anybody could give even a minor clue, it would be of help to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Allison

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Allison2009

tough question dude
for the first one --i gonna say , though for the most of the time i don't vote Email Marketing
but for your site , i do think it gonna sharp

becuz women are always easy to tagert as the lingerie or clothes conserned
as long as ur emial are appetiting enough :D

how could I collect the email ids of plus-size women
this is the key issue in ur promotion
i guess maybe u gonna spend some money to buy them from some fittness club or so
hope help :D
and wish good luck

how could I collect the email ids of plus-size women
this is the key issue in ur promotion
i guess maybe u gonna spend some money to buy them from some fittness club or so
hope help :D
and wish good luck

I think this is quite a good reply. You have opened a door. I would tap that. Thank you so much.

Allison

If you want to promote your website through email marketing then take services of email providers.

I would suggest looking for forums that attract plus-sized women. Go onto these forums get involved in the conversations. Try to get the forum members interested in the concept and then set up a poll on your site to get their feedback. At the end of the poll ask if they would like to be included in your e-mail newsletter. Create an e-mail newsletter that offers informative content along with links about your product line and current specials.

I doubt that going to fitness clubs is going to work because they will be wary of selling you a list of just the plus-sized women. They normally do not record in the membership info if the person is plus-sized, BBW, etc. So now you are relying on them to decide who fits your needs. What if their perception of plus-sized is different from yours.

Basically, the e-mail marketing will work if you build the audience and the mailing list up first.

I would suggest looking for forums that attract plus-sized women. Go onto these forums get involved in the conversations. Try to get the forum members interested in the concept and then set up a poll on your site to get their feedback. At the end of the poll ask if they would like to be included in your e-mail newsletter. Create an e-mail newsletter that offers informative content along with links about your product line and current specials.

I doubt that going to fitness clubs is going to work because they will be wary of selling you a list of just the plus-sized women. They normally do not record in the membership info if the person is plus-sized, BBW, etc. So now you are relying on them to decide who fits your needs. What if their perception of plus-sized is different from yours.

Basically, the e-mail marketing will work if you build the audience and the mailing list up first.

Thanks for the great info. Basically, I checked with some fitness clubs. The finding is shocking. Though many are willing to go to fitness centers, they don't.

I think the one suggested by you would work out well.

Thanks again.

Allison

Even when marketing messages are from known senders 56 percent considers it spam if the messages don't happen to be interesting to them.
think before u leap dude

I think E-mail marketing isn't a good way to promote your website.As most of them are considered as SPAM.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.