hi,

I have been running my blog for more than a year now and i m hardly getting any search engine traffic, 50 hits max per day!

My domain has PR 3.

Please help for increasing traffic.

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Promote your feed through rss syndication and share the blog posts through social bookmarking/networking sites, I think it should help you in getting traffic.

Post comments in Yahoo Answers. It can boost your traffic especially if your post has been flagged as the best one. Try it.

Post comments in Yahoo Answers. It can boost your traffic especially if your post has been flagged as the best one. Try it.

Yep... It helps to boost traffic but in my case It also increaseed bounce rate along with it. I think people are just asking questions on Yahoo Answer but they are not enough serious. It might also depends on niche so possibly I was with the wrong niche.

Start promoting your site, build as many as qulaity oneway back links possible...

Create mini blogs on sites like, Wordpress, Squidoo, Live Journal, etc and link back to your money page... this would help you get good ranking & traffic...

All the best :)

People think that to get noticed by visitors high PR is needed, but there are many successful bloggers which have proved that there is no need to have high PR. They are successful only because of the unique and fresh content. The unique content is the thing which attracts and visitors and the search engine spiders.

I agree above post, fresh and original content are important for high PR.

Promote your blgo in forum , blog comment , other blog and try to use maximum keyword in content

Promote your feed through rss syndication and share the blog posts through social bookmarking/networking sites, I think it should help you in getting traffic.

RSS syndication can really boost up your ranks and backlinks. The more RSS sites you submit to, the more backlinks you got when you post on your blog.

hi,

I have been running my blog for more than a year now and i m hardly getting any search engine traffic, 50 hits max per day!

My domain has PR 3.

Please help for increasing traffic.

It depends what kind of content your blog has. And secondly, how do you market your website? social networking and forum posting is another way to increase your traffic but also you should do proper SEO for your website

Promote your blgo in forum , blog comment , other blog and try to use maximum keyword in content

what are suggesting, man? you are saying maximum keywords, there should be some keyword density or else it will be consider as spam.

The PR of the websites might not be that important nowadays anymore because many times having even low PR links from high quality and relevant sites could help the rankings better.

The PR of the websites might not be that important nowadays anymore because many times having even low PR links from high quality and relevant sites could help the rankings better.

Completely agree with you, for better ranking you don't need high PR, you just have to build relevant links and the site has some quality. Also, i have noticed that Google nowadays is giving importance to the sites which are being updated frequently with unique and fresh content.

You may consider setting up an affiliate marketing program. You can then hire affiliates to promote your services and products. In doing so, they will direct the traffic from their web pages to your web site.

This way, you will also be able to get in contact with your target clients in a fairly less time. However, you will be required to pay a certain percentage of your profit as commission to your affiliate marketing partners.

Engaging on the following strategies helps:

- article submissions
- blog commenting
- classified ads
- directory submissions
- forum posting
- link exchange
- press release
- online groups
- social media and networking
- social bookmarking

Write articles that could pique the attention of people that have interest in your product. Try writing articles that will provide tips and guides to other aficionados.

Writing articles that provide good service and knowledge to other people would provide the necessary mileage your traffic flow needs.

Write articles that could pique the attention of people that have interest in your product. Try writing articles that will provide tips and guides to other aficionados.

Writing articles that provide good service and knowledge to other people would provide the necessary mileage your traffic flow needs.

yes definitely, if you provide good information to the visitors they would come back for new and updated info. This way you will get long term visitors back. And remember that more than new, the old ones are more important.

I agree above post, fresh and original content are important for high PR.

High PR won't necessarily bring u high traffic!!!

And we are talking traffic here!

Yes, you are right high PR has nothing to do with traffic. To drive the traffic you need to work on off-page activities and use all the promotion techniques. At last, traffic is what concerns for any business. To run a business successfully and to get tremendous income the only thing you need is traffic.

HI,

I am sorry to say here that more than 99% of the blogs are not even read. At least you are having a traffic of 50 per day.

I would suggest you have good contents, update the blog regularly and do the promotion work like bookmarking, forum posting, etc. You will certainly get good traffic.

All the Best!

Allison

The keyword is essential I think, PR3 is good, but how can people find your blog? And you need to promote outside.

Write good content for your site. Many search engines track down the keywords and keyword phrases your site uses and how they are used.

Make sure that your s but you have to make content for your site that is entertaining as well as informational. It should provide certain requirements as well as great quality.

Generally, internet users make use of search engines to find what they are looking for. Search engines also use keyword searching in aiding their search results.

With the right keywords, you could get high rankings in search engine results without the costs.

Then u can get traffic from SEs.

What about your search engine ranking? Do u selected a good popular keyword?

Social is best way

To have more number of people visit your site, your web site needs to have good exposure. You need to inform maximum number of people about your web site.

And exchanging links is one of the simplest ways to do so. You just have to search for other web sites that complement your site in some way.

After that, you may contact the owner of that particular web site and ask him to put a link to your web site on his web site. In turn, you may offer him to put a link to his web site on your web site.

It is a time-tested formula for generating web site traffic and you will surely benefit from it.

Here are some of the factors you need to remember:

1. Content - content is king right?
2. keywords
3. Relevancy of back links

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.