I have a business that offers only one basic service- factoring. I've read that every page should be optimized for a different keyword phrase but if I only offer one product, wouldn't it be more effective to optimize each page for the phrase, factoring? Another idea would be to optimize each page with a different name for factoring. For example, on my What is Factoring? page, I could use the phrase, Invoice Factoring. On the Why Us? page I could use Accounts Receivable Financing. On the How it Works Page, I could use AR Funding. On my FAQ page I could use AR Financing. On my Contact Us page I could use Invoice Funding, and so on. Is this a good strategy?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I think a product might have many sub categories. Use the main product and its sub categories and do deep keywords research in some nice keyword research tool like Google Adwords keyword tool, you might generate a list of relative keywords and use them on different pages. :)

Wish this help,

That's the problem, I don't sell a product and I don't have subcategories. I offer just one service but I have 7 sub pages on my web site. Should I optimize each page for a different phrase that "means" factoring? i.e. Accounts Receivable Financing, AR Funding, etc.?

Listen factoring; if a web page is about Contact Us then make that webpage content be about contacting you. You can always conceive a couple of promotional lines, bold'em up and fit them into a page innocently; just let the content flow naturally. Could your keyphrases in the content describe Contact Us, is even better because you can then go for synonymous keyphrases, the keyphrase enforcement of abbreviations and those with varying suffixes and prefixes. Anyway factor, factor all that and go figure out the ways to gently emphasize things. Gently, steadily and authoritatively.

Different keywords for different pages are better for SEO.But if all the pages are on the same topics,then you can use same keywords at all pages.

Thanks, Canadafred. So in these promotional lines, which inevitably will mention Factoring or it's equivelent- accounts receivable finanincing, AR funding, invoice advances, etc., should I use a different keyword phrase in each page? For example, in the promotional line on the FAQ page, I could use AR Funding and on the Contact Us page, I could use Accounts Receivable Finanincing. How about the home page; do I try to work in all these phrases or just optimize for one phrase like I'm doing on the sub pages?

Thanks, Canadafred. So in these promotional lines, which inevitably will mention Factoring or it's equivelent- accounts receivable finanincing, AR funding, invoice advances, etc., should I use a different keyword phrase in each page? For example, in the promotional line on the FAQ page, I could use AR Funding and on the Contact Us page, I could use Accounts Receivable Finanincing. How about the home page; do I try to work in all these phrases or just optimize for one phrase like I'm doing on the sub pages?

You can work a couple of keyphrases in a promotinal statement on each page, but make them all unique and not overly distracting for the Internet visitor. Mix and mash as best you can to not appear automated or over optimizing. Have some pages with little optimized content. Power up the important ones.

I usually try to focus on one or two primary keyphrases on the landing page. You should introduce your main secondary keyphrases (5 or 6) who should each have their own page(s). Ranking for auxiliary keyphrases comes easily with keyphrase dynamicability; abbreviations, plural forms, synonymous keyphrases etc. (you can read about that on my blog if you are interested). Introduce a keyphrase rich linking system on the landing page and try to stick to it throughout all pages. Link textually regularly to webpages you want highlighted.

Well its better to place different keyword related to that page is very important. Dont repeat keyword in every page and make it unique and precise!

Very Useful information here thanks for sharing

You are most welcome and if you want to know more about the perfect keyword placement than you can also take help from the Google Search engine! Simply search with the help of keyword" best keyword placement method for websites"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.