Hi guys,

I'm currenty creating a site right now, and I'm just a little concerned about my ASP pages. How do search engines crawl these pages? Do search engines treat these pages differently compared to html pages?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi guys,

I'm currenty creating a site right now, and I'm just a little concerned about my ASP pages. How do search engines crawl these pages? Do search engines treat these pages differently compared to html pages?

Server generated pages get crawled the same as static ones. Word of caution however, server generated pages are usually quite sloppy and can interfere with a full crawl. Things to avoid are:more than one Title, embeded tags, duplicate tags like <head> and <body>, duplicated descriptions, excesses of general coding errors.

Hi Fred,

I read somewhere that characters in the URL's of dynamic pages such as question marks and ampersands can disrupt the search engines crawlers. What is your input on that?

In my own experiences, search engines have no difficulty in dealing with dynamic issues as you might have seen many top 10 sites for hot keywords are dynamic. Of course, you could use some SEO add-on for your ASP site and turn your urls into static ones for more customer friendly purpose. :)

Have a nice day,

I think, static urls are more search friendly than dynamic urls..so you can convert it from dynamic to static using 301 redirect..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.