I had a malware warning about my site but have no idea how it would of got on there or what I should do about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for example.com

What is the current listing status for example.com

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 13 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-06-19, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-06-19.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including traffics-inspector.cn/, hifgejig.cn/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including traffics-inspector.cn/, silzefos.cn/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS14415 (HOSTCOLLECTIVE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, example.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
What action should I take?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It means that your site is infected.
You should scan your server. If you do not know how to do it you should ask the hosting company support for help.
If viruses are found they should be removed.

You can also download the script files on your computer , scan them, clean them and re-upload them on the server.

After your are 100% sure that everything is OK ask Google for a re evaluation of your website.

Good luck

best way is to ask your hosting company for support.......they will sort it out for you....

I have seen this on a couple of forums and in a few blogs. Deal with this quickly.

How can this situation be prevented?

- Use antivirus and keep it updated on the computer where you upload your pages from
- if you are using any open source or third party CMS/Blog/Forums. then keep them updated to their latest available stable vertions.
- keep changing the passwords and use strong passwords.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.