Hi,
I am new to the forum and am looking for some help, my website has a google rating of 4 but when I try to search for it using the terms I would use if searching for my product I never find my site.

I have key words and have added the web site to the search engines but still no visibility, The web site has been running for 3 years now and I am only getting between 60 and 90 hits a day.

I am on a almost non existant budget at the moment as I am not earning due to my web site not being seen so paying a lot to google to advertise is not an option at the moment.

HELP !
:'(

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hello and welcome to the forum. Just browsw through the SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION section, you would get a lot of information.

It so hard to tell why your site does not index yet since you said it was 3 years now. I think you should check your site first, i advice to focus on onpage optimization.

thank you for the replies, I will have a look around and see what I can find.

HELP !

I just briefly looked at the web site in your signature gengenie and can probably write a book about all the things you are not doing right but let me just start with major HTML coding errors such as :

It would probably help if you took your Meta Description and Meta Keywords tags out of the <body> and into the <head> where they belong.

Then I'll simply add that you should spend a few days studying search engine optimization (paying particular attention to the on-site ranking factors), run your web pages through a free W3C markup validation service and then spend a day reading up on the search engines quality content guidelines.

thank you canadafred, this sounds like good advice, ill get onto it, I can imagine that having the meta stuff in the wrong page would be detrimental. I am learining as I go so thanks again :)

Hi,

HELP !

follow the step by canadafred. first learn seo well from the forum discussion and ask question if you don't understand then apply to your site.

Shirley, first off SEO is not something you get (unless you pay for the service). SEO is something you implement on your site and your site's promotion in order to make it more search engine friendly.

I am not an SEO expert but my husband is and as Fred said, you may need to look at your Meta tags, there are many factors important in SEO (like Tags) that many people seem to overlook. Do listen to him and others giving you advice.

I just briefly looked at the web site in your signature gengenie and can probably write a book about all the things you are not doing right but let me just start with major HTML coding errors such as :

It would probably help if you took your Meta Description and Meta Keywords tags out of the <body> and into the <head> where they belong.

Then I'll simply add that you should spend a few days studying search engine optimization (paying particular attention to the on-site ranking factors), run your web pages through a free W3C markup validation service and then spend a day reading up on the search engines quality content guidelines.

Thanks canadafred You gave really nice advice. I also understood many things.

Hi,
I am new to the forum and am looking for some help, my website has a google rating of 4 but when I try to search for it using the terms I would use if searching for my product I never find my site.

I have key words and have added the web site to the search engines but still no visibility, The web site has been running for 3 years now and I am only getting between 60 and 90 hits a day.

I am on a almost non existant budget at the moment as I am not earning due to my web site not being seen so paying a lot to google to advertise is not an option at the moment.

HELP !

I think it is the problem of your keyword selection. Perhaps you are ranking for too specific long tail terms. You can first check your keywords with google adwords and then optimize them. A blending of long tail terms and head terms are best.

I think it is the problem of your keyword selection. Perhaps you are ranking for too specific long tail terms. You can first check your keywords with google adwords and then optimize them. A blending of long tail terms and head terms are best.

Thanks, I am going to work on my web site and re-design it a bit, I am thinking if I can work on it off line then paste it onto the new web page, that way I won,t mess up whats already there.

Can I ask how you guys can see what keywords etc are on my web page or is it a trade secret?

Hi,

HELP !

Hi there,

I think your website is not indexed. will you be able to show me your website? so that i can see and can give you report for that.

Or else you can visit my blog getaseo.blogspot.com

Please let me know if you need any help from my side.

Thanks
Mayur RAtwani

Skype/yahoo: mayur.ratwani

Hi guys,

Here are few ways to get SEO
Directory Submission
Social Bookmarking
Forum Posting
Blog commenting
Article Writing and Article Submission
link building through high PR web 2.0 properties

Shewag

Without checking your site its hard to say what is the problem. kindly check the optimization for your site and analyze.

Hi,
thank you all for the help, I have spent the last week re-vamping my web site so I am hopeing it helps, I think I sorted a few of the problems but I am guessing.

My web site is at SNIP

Thanks again

To get proper SEO,
Do the following:
1)Use Good Keywords to select appropriate target keywords.
2)Use moderately searched keywords
3)Use appropriate title in the pages.
4)Use the keywords in metatags
5)Use them in body text.
6)Bolden, italisize or emphasize the keywords
7)Use alt tags in images to insert keywords
8)Submit your site to directories. Around 100 directories should do.
9)Join link exchange programs and exchange links with relevent sites
10)Open blogs on blogger and blog on relevent topics. Place links to your site on the blog(s). Comment on others blogs.
11)Join in forums and make relevent posts to get backlinks.
12) Develop and Update CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT.

Thanks Smith09, I have done a lot of these sugestions,
when I google Scotland's Gengenie I get abou 16 pages
of results which are almost all linked to my web site
but still not anything with the general searches for
scottish genealogy or family history which is what I do.

I think check your all site and also see what cache by google when crawling is done.

Just check whether proper on page optimization is done for your site and then go for the off page optimization

Hello Friends....

Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:

* Review of your site content or structure
* Technical advice on website development: for example, hosting, redirects, error pages, use of JavaScript
* Content development
* Management of online business development campaigns
* Keyword research

Thanks

Hi, shirley23

Since SEO would usually need more times and efforts in generating traffics, I would like to recommend you to use the social media like twitter, facebook, linkedin and social bookmarking for instant traffic purpose for free.

Have a nice day,

You can search in google for some free books of recognized marketers as Aaron Wall and Brad Callen.

You search by what keyword, I want to mean as example if you search by the web design company, you need to post more backlink to use that keyword. This process bring your site in Google first page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.