Traffic is generated from all sort of search engines, that ranges from image searching to research paper related searched, question that remains is what kind of search engine do we need for our website that could find us and bring more traffic. Rules and regulations for almost every search engine are similar for indexing; some minor differences lie in the formatting and ranking system. If you are a newbie, then Google should be the best choice for you as it is currently the leading search engine and has good reputation in driving traffic for your website. You can also read Google Terms and Conditions for more details.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Google always provide the more traffic but it totally depend on your work. If you want to improve your site traffic. you can do the following works

1) Social Bookmarking
2) Article Submission
3) tweet on Twitter, Facebook and friend feed

These all are the effective ways to improve your site ranking

We get just about all of our SE traffic from Google. All the other search engines amount to just barely a fraction of a percent!

do all marketing avenues, it will make your site rank fast, but if your site is very competitive niche like finance it will be very hard to rank. just do it all.

I think Google search engine gives the more traffic to the web site as google has the more followers and also it has the better alogorithm which are useful to index site very quickly.

Really the best is google but there are other very good options to get traffic as social networks, even for certain keywords yahoo and bing continue being a good option.

In my own experiences, for a newbie, Google PPC would be a nice channel for generating traffics. Of course, using social media would be another nice method for promoting a new site since all organic traffics relative to SEO jobs would usually need longer times.

Have a nice day,

Hello all, not only Google all search engines gives good traffic. but their considerations are different. Social networking sites gives the more traffic.

Of-course google give more traffic comparison to other search engine. My sites getting 80% traffic from google and only 10% from other search engines.

only google and yahoo

I think Google search engine gives the more traffic to the web site as google has the more followers and also it has the better alogorithm which are useful to index site very quickly.

google is great but we should never forget about yahoo and bing. They are still big fishes that we need to consider.

I would love to have an even balance between Google, social media, etc. I hate having all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. Really been working hard lately trying to get social media to play a bigger role with us than it currently is.

of course google and yahoo, but look forward to bing.

I prefer Uncle Google than Uncle Yahoo :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.