Hi,

This is my first post here. I have an ecommerce site that's actually on a Wordpress platform. It's my first foray into ecommerce so I'm starting small. I'd like to try PPC for it but my history with PPC is spotty. I've done a few campaigns but feel like I just don't know enough about it to have the best ROI. Since money is tight, I'm asking for a resource that can help me make the most ROI.

Please don't waste my time. I am not interested in an ebook written by some "guru" or a PPC course or membership site. I am looking specifically for a good book that has up to date information on how to do PPC . Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eunice

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

By the time a book goes to print it's outdated. Stuff on the internet is general at best.

PPC results vary dramatically and involve different methods depending on numerous factors such as: keywords, competition, niche, etc.

Honestly the best way to learn is to loose a little money and learn through trial and error. A/B testing will definitely help you find the best value.

Otherwise hire the pros...

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have an ecommerce site that's actually on a Wordpress platform. It's my first foray into ecommerce so I'm starting small. I'd like to try PPC for it but my history with PPC is spotty. I've done a few campaigns but feel like I just don't know enough about it to have the best ROI. Since money is tight, I'm asking for a resource that can help me make the most ROI.

Please don't waste my time. I am not interested in an ebook written by some "guru" or a PPC course or membership site. I am looking specifically for a good book that has up to date information on how to do PPC . Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eunice

Hi Eunice, welcome to DaniWeb. Personally, I have a ton of experience with Google AdWords and YSM and can probably help answer specific questions relating to PPC campaigns - so feel free to post them here on this thread or in a new thread in the PPC subforum at DaniWeb.
I am also in "newviewit's" camp with regards to the importance of obtaining hands-on experience and would additionally say that reading Google's Adwords support documentation is a great way to learn the basic's about PPC but keep in mind that some of their advice is geared toward getting you to spend more. Again, please feel free to post any specific questions and I will do my best to steer you in the right direction. And some parting advice: Perform lots of keyword research, start with a small ad budget and look into bidding on long-tail keyword phrases that are relevant to the content of your site...
Looking forward to hearing from you again!

One recommendation is to learn and master tracking202

Hello Friend!!
I am John student of Computer science, my hobbies are making Fun with my friends and Surfing web.
I am completely new to the world of SEO. I have very little knowledge about SEO.
I don't have any idea about the PPC. I want to the tutorial to which can help me in develop some skills and the related software.
I think you guys are an expert and I want to be like you soon. Please help me.
Thanks for your time and effort.
I really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Good idea to Learn PPC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.