I was analyzing my client’s website, and I came to know that he owns two mirror websites. The content and the design of both the websites are very similar. I do not know if this will affect this online presence. I think that this will make his site duplicated. I want to know what can be SEO solution to make both the sites work. Do I need to add 301 Redirection in order to direct the visitors to one of the sites? If you think that this is an ideal option, then I will try to make my client understand.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

In my own experiences, this would not be treated as duplicated contents as duplicated contents would generally refer to duplication on the same domains. I think if you could make them both high ranking in SERP, there would be no 301 redirection needed.

have a nice day,

From the home page if you click and it takes you to the other site it is most probably just a redirect or parked page, but if all inside pages are same and different urls then it is duplicated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.