Folks,
I am a beginner of SEO.Can any one tell me among the three tags i.e). title,description and keyword tags which one is the best to place my keywords.
2)I read from a blog that Google is giving zero weightage to keyword meta tag.Is it true?
Please answer

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

All three are important. It's also important to have your keywords throughout the body content on your page. Yes, Google is putting significantly less weight nowadays on meta tags than they used to. But that doesn't mean they aren't important or are discounted entirely. At the very least, social media sites like Facebook use meta tags when you like or share a URL, so they are important from that angle.

As per mine knowledge there is two main things in SEO 1)On-page optimization and the off page optimization.Well you will find more details through over internet....

Folks,
I am a beginner of SEO.Can any one tell me among the three tags i.e). title,description and keyword tags which one is the best to place my keywords.
2)I read from a blog that Google is giving zero weightage to keyword meta tag.Is it true?
Please answer

----------------------------------------
Yes you are doing write.Mata tag is main part of SEO.

In my opinion ,description is the best place,because people always pay much attention on the content.

Hi,

I think you need to have your targeted keywords in all above 3 tags(could repeat but not more than twice). Title tag and meta description tags would be the most important factors for on page optimization purpose. While, meta keywords tag is still useful for search engines except Google and social bookmarking site.

all the best,

All of them are important, but I would advise you to focus on title more, because that will be leading more to your website.

First the tags should be places in body at upward position after head tag is closed. For preparing meta tags specially title tag proper research and analysis should be done so the punch effect of the title should boost your blog or site.If off page is not good we can fix the error by on page but on page is not upto mark then no off page can not create a good ranking this is main basic of seo.

SEO techniques specific functions that a search engine optimization company, will be performed by a client that a high search engine positions to attract targeted traffic for your conversion rates and brand awareness, intention, conceived by a set of desires.

The first thing Title tag, It is most important tag for seo because we do seo on our titles.
Second thing is Description, it is also very important. It give a short view of your website.
Third thing is Keywords, that are not important for Google but other search engines count it. in which we give some moe keywords related to our website.

title is the important thing in a website because we do all seo target on SEO. Description is a short overview of your website. Third thing Keywords are not now important for Google but others search engines are read it, in Keywords we use some more keywords related to your website.

Basically their are two main things in SEO on page optimization and off page optimization. You can find it more clearly through forums threads so read them.

One isn't greater than the other. All three are very much important. You should use your keyword once in the the title, and make sure you list all your keywords in the "keyword tag".:)

All three are important but according to me title tags are more important that other..

all are important. any search engine look for these three tags . because it tell the eyerything about your website. finding keywords, matatags, discription is involved in on page optimization.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.