Deep link i heared this word many time on internet but I don’t what is it... please let me know If u know about this…

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

deep link is a link from site to another site's page of >=2 level
example:

<a href="www.1.com/food/hotdogs/reallyhot.html">the hottest fast food</a>

this is 4 leveled deep linking.

Deep Link means a link from inner pages rather then home page, the main disadvantage of deep link is Google some time didn't crawl such a link.

Link that come to inner pages of the website called deep links

Innerpages of your websites are called deep links.

Deeplinks are important because it manifests that a website is contains authoritative information on other pages other than its home page

Hey....
Basically Deep linking is making a hyperlink that points to a specific page or image on a website, instead of that website's home page.Websites which are built on web technologies such as Adobe Flash and AJAX often do not support deep linking. This can result in usability problems for people visiting such websites. For example, visitors to these websites may be unable to save bookmarks to individual page

Inner pages are the deep link. It have all the information about a topic used by hyperlink that helps to move on the Deep link in web technology. Deep link is very helpful for us because we hide our all information by using it, when anyone click on the hyperlink then they reached on the deep link.

Deep link is makes a hyperlink that points to a specific page or image on a website, instead of that website's main or home page.

commented: Thanks for reposting the same answer already given 10 times above. -3

Deep links are links that go directly to an inner page of a website rather than the homepage

I always heard the name "Deep Link " but never aware of it what is the exact meaning of that . Thanks for sharing the information regarding the same .

deep linking is way to create your site internal pages links on a page

Deeplinks are the links to inner pages of the websites and if you have deeper links in your website it will be difficult for the crawler to crawl your website!

Linking to a web page other than a site's home page....this is called deep link.

commented: Oh, really? Thanks for the fresh and informative answer - which was already posted many times above. -3

Why are they used for seo? to increase PR of inner pages?

Deep link is the link to our inner pages . The importance of deep links is as follows :
1 sometime our inner pages are not indexed an cached by search engines . It help in getting them cached .
2 It helps to rank our inner pages in search engines .
3 It also works on page rank of inner pages .
4 It helps in having the interest of readers and customers to our inner pages from home page

Deep link is nothing but sub pages of your website,
or A deep link is a hypertext link to a page on a Web site other than its home page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.