check my website <plug snipped> everthng is ok with . good keyword ranking sale is proper but ots alexa rank is incraesing day by day . i can'tunderstaand whats going with it

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

U might be doing some SEO on it,anyways its good for your site

Alexa is the tracker of how much traffic is there in your site. But if your sites Alexa is increasing, well that's not good at all. Alexa's Ranking are opposed to what Page Rank (PR) is. Having a high PR defines that your site has lots of backlinks and google appreciates it. But having a high Alexa defines low traffic in your site. The lower the Alexa, the better traffic for your site...

I don't put any faith in Alexa. My rank increases when my traffic remains constant, and my rank decreases when my traffic goes up.

Alexa gives a ranking on the basis of 3 month average visitors...on the other hand Alexa Ranking depends on two factors 1. number of visitor 2. number of pages visited by those visitor of that site...

I don't put any faith in Alexa. My rank increases when my traffic remains constant, and my rank decreases when my traffic goes up.

Some times this kind of behavior happens with my sit.

I think that alexa rank is useless its shows just traffic to your site, but we are bothering about targeted traffic, not all

Alexa ranking depends on traffic of and age.Your are incresing your site tarffic so it is incresing

it is very funny of alexa ranking! I don't believe it! :)

I also put VERY little faith in Alexa's ranking to any of my sites, and for the exact reasons Dani outlined.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.