Hello friends,
I have a website in which I have made some changes in url’s i.e I have build more SEF URL’s . Now the problem is that the previous url’s are also indexed in the Google. So when the user searches for the query those url also opens. I want that those url’s should be de indexed from Google search..Is this possible please let me know if you have solution to this..
Thanks
IntegratedS

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

google webmaster tools

If the previous URL is not working anymore, you may use redirect codings to redirect the url to it's new URL. Or as per Bob's advice, you can use the Google webmaster tool to remove the URL from Google area in case Google got a hold of a page they shouldn’t have.

You can use 301 permanent redirection and redirect your old URLs to new ones. By doing that you can easily get indexed by search engines and also your visitors can reach the pages through new URLs.

Thanks for sharing it.

You can do this normal form you google webmaster account by putting a URL removal request

301 redirect the old url to new URLs.

Hello friends,
I have a website in which I have made some changes in url’s i.e I have build more SEF URL’s . Now the problem is that the previous url’s are also indexed in the Google. So when the user searches for the query those url also opens. I want that those url’s should be de indexed from Google search..Is this possible please let me know if you have solution to this..
Thanks
IntegratedS

You must to try "Mod Rewrite" technique for URL rewriting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.