can anybody explain what is Elexa rank and for what purpose it is used?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Alexa, owned by Amazon, is a service which attempts to guestimate / extrapolate how much traffic a domain name gets based on a sample size. It then goes on to rank the top 100,000 most popular sites on the web according to popularity both globally and by country.

ok i got your point but can you explain the sample size based on which alexa is decide? how that sample size is taken?

Can one explain me how can I improve my alexa page rank? Does it require anykind of registration. Like I must register my website with alexa or by another means i can improve it like SEO, submission etc? Your help will be appreciated

ok i got your point but can you explain the sample size based on which alexa is decide? how that sample size is taken?

Years ago, data was collected based on everyone who installed the Alexa browser toolbar. However, results were skewed towards non-technical people because techies rarely installed IE browser toolbars. In more recent years, Alexa has said it collects data from a number of sources, but I don't believe discloses exactly how.

u mean just results are shown and no technical sources are exposed. well now i am using PR toolbar in which alexa results are shown and i have confirmed them through google analytics. thank you very much for your help.

Hi !
Alexa Rank is the world wide state of your site .Its not the exact data to measure the site.Because it pick the data from that systems on which has the Alexa toolbar installed .

Alexa provide the information about the page rank value.

well, you are all talking about Alexa, then what is complete rank that is showed in SEO software?

Alexa is used to track your website and provide the traffic information of your site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.