Hello friends tell me about link baiting and It's benefits.

happygeek commented: yawn -3

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Linkbait is essentially a piece of content placed on a web page - whether it's an article, blog post, picture, or any other section of cyberspace that is designed for the specific intention of gathering links from as many different sources as possible.

Linkbaiting is an effective link building technique. It’s like you create an interesting newsworthy topic keeping SEO writing techniques in mind and post it on popular social media channels. This content/ feature acts as a bait and encourages others to link to it.

Link baiting is the way to garner links by way of offering something pretty interesting which people would link naturally. However, some black hat techniques have also sprung in this case, thereby raising doubts of whether link baiting is white hat or black hat.

Creation of such link to attract and to get the attention of the people through certain kinds of text , image , video , or anything , and attract them to see and click on the link that is the link baiting. But this consider as the negative.

Link baiting is the way to garner links by way of offering something pretty interesting which people would link naturally. However, some black hat techniques have also sprung in this case, thereby raising doubts of whether link baiting is white hat or black hat.

Black Hat? What’s unethical in this?
Google won’t penalize you for this. Get going...And if still you doubt me, check this:

“I think of “linkbait” as something interesting enough to catch people’s attention, and that doesn’t have to be a bad thing.” - Matt Cutts, Anti-spam head at Google

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.