Hello friends,

Website directory submissions is advisable than submitting the website to search engines through their "add url" forms, as they will be quickly indexed by search engines.

The approval rating for websites in directories ranges anywhere from 1-3 months.

No task for off-page optimization should be initiated before directory submissions of the website.

What are your opinions of this information? Reply me with your list of web directories.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Website directory submissions is advisable than submitting the website to search engines through their "add url" forms, as they will be quickly indexed by search engines.

Simply not true. Submitting to the search engines takes two minutes of time and is the only way to guarantee they know about your site. Saying not to do it is pure silliness.

The approval rating for websites in directories ranges anywhere from 1-3 months.

For some directories. For others you can be approved in less then an hour.

I personally feel thats something that really depends, on the how actively the directories are being reviewd by the editor.

How many directories have you submitted your URL to? It may just be that you have had a bad run of luck. I have found the sites with higher rankings will typically charge for link submittal. If you pay then it is really quite fast. If you sent your like to DMOZ then you might wait forever

Submitting to newer directories will get your site approved much faster as they are usually still excited about their directory and very responsive with it. You can go to www.directorycritic.com to see new ones added each day.

submit your URL in a directories with HIGH PR..

Member Avatar for gcs584

My recent experiences have revealed that the majority of directories are now worthless (in terms of SEO. Examine pages nested deeply in directories and most of them you will now find that the PR is 0/10. While PR is not the say/end all of SEO, I feel Google is trying to tell us something!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.