Google's new algorithm update, which takes advantage of the Caffeine infrastructure, is being said to impact 35% of searches on the web (Compared to Panda's measly 12%). Rolling out today, it's said to target "freshness" of content. :) Uh oh!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Why Google algorithm update is not stable. What is the need of changing algorithm???

Well, not only freshness, they want original contents also. It's getting harder and harder for SEO professional like me. :)

IS it original news? and how much it will effect to our site especially to new site?

Yes, Google’s freshness update was rolled out on 3rd November, 2011. http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/giving-you-fresher-more-recent-search.html
There are cases where a result that is a week old might be too old. But there may also be plenty of cases where results that are a few years old might still be useful. The algo is developed to determine the level of freshness needs for different searches. It primarily affects websites with recurring events or hot topics.
As a webmaster, if you dealing in something that requires frequent updates, it might affect you - depending the quality, value and frequency of updation.

I’m picking up a lot of good stuff here.

If the search results for your chosen keywords have timestamps in them you need to be posting fresh content reguarly!

Sam Chapman
Music Live Entertainment Agency

I think fresh contents are always play valuable role in SEO. Because i am listening from starting that search engines love unique and related contents and till now its true.

Thanks
RS Seo Solution

Yes.. Google always see Unique & Quality Content.

If you are running a fresh website, follow google webmaster guidelines.

Google Algorithm always change. They are trying to provide more quality of results.

Yes .. My Page Rank also increases for my sites,...

Hello i am running a site PR3 on which i post articles and show live stream of football matches.

Prior to the update of Google algo whenever i posted article it instantly got 1st page rankings but after the update now my articles only get top 150 rankings and after a day or two it gets top 10 rankings.

Problem is that my site has a lot of spike. Articles which i write are mostly about live streams and if my article doesnt get top 10 rankings for those 2 hours of the match then its useless for me.

Like for example search this keyword.

Liverpool vs Swansea Live Stream Free

You people will see my site WATCHPREM on first page but it was not on 1st page when the match was played.

Hope i explained my problem to best and waiting for help. Thanks in advance.

I think fresh contents are always play valuable role in SEO. Because i am listening from starting that search engines love unique and related contents and till now its true.

Thanks
RS Seo Solution

yes i agreed with your statement and unique content is the king of the SEO.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.