Hello all,
What is the keyword spamming and what is the effect of doing the keyword spamming?

happygeek commented: oh the irony, askign about keyword spamming while spamming the forum with an advertising link in your post - now deleted -2

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Keyword spamming is the term given to the excessive addition of keywords or keyphrases to a web page.It is also called keyword stuffing. It is a black hat seo technique. Google bans the website which intends to get promoted faster through these technique.

Keyword spamming is the term given to the excessive addition of keywords or keyphrases to a web page. This could be accomplished through a variety of means ranging from simply repeating keyphrases in your body text to using CSS to hide text off the site of your page.

Search engines can easily spot pages that repeat the same terms over and over again and will regularly penalise these sites. In cases where the repetition is more subtle and search engines can't automatically recognise the spam, there is still the danger that your competitors will report you for spamming.

keywords spamming is a black hat sep practise according to which in order to optimize the post the webmaster insert loads of irrevalant keywords which are not reqiured.Google spam such post and such sites so its a big to do keywords spamming.Insert only 3-4 keywords in a post chosen from google adowrd keyword tool..happy blogging

it could be keyword stuffig or farming means too many keywords on the webpage.

Keyword spamming is making use of brand names or irrelevant keywords either in the description or titles of a listing by the eBay sellers that have nothing to do with what they actually sell. This only diverts the buyers searching for a product to their listing but not necessarily convert that into sales.

Keyword spamming is the term given to the excessive addition of keywords or keyphrases to a web page.It is a black hat SEO.Now google can easily spot pages that repeat the same terms over and over again and will regularly penalise these sites.

Member Avatar for CriticalError

OK guys I think he/she gets the point lol. Anyway I am guessing you are on about meta keywords Google search engine and majority of seach engines now do not use Keywords to rank pages they rank pages from content and how good it is. You could put in a load of keywords in your meta tag (like I did) but search engines will penalize you and your site may not appear in search engines. ( I never got penalized, I never knew it could have a bad effect, however now I have changed my website and use around 2/3 keywords for each page) It is not really neccessary it won't improve SEO. If you do use keywords pick a few words you use on that page and words that you use often!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.