What is alexa rank? And how to improve alexa rank of a site?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Alexa ranking provides you with stats related to where you site ranks based on number if visits. However, Alexa collects their info from users that have the Alexa toolbar installed on their browsers. High ranking according to their sites doesn't mean that you will get more visitors or appear on search engine results.

commented: i agree with this +0

Of course, higher the number of visitors on your site, lower the Alexa ranking would be.

Alexa Rank Checker is one of the most accurate and freely available tools to find out how well your site ranks up against millions of other sites on the Web.

and alexa toolbar when u install it collects data on browsing behavior and transmits it to the Alexa website, where it is stored and analyzed, forming the basis for the company's web traffic reporting.

The traffic rank of a website, compared to all other sites on the web. This is provided by Alexa.com based on sample browsing behavior of people with the Alexa toolbar installed in their browser, combined with imputed search engine ranking and search volume

Basically an Alexa ranking is not important. Having a high or low Alexa ranking does not help a site one bit, unless you want to use it to impress people who are impressed by this sort of thing, but do not understand it.

Alexa ranking does not help a site one bit, unless you want to use it to impress people who are impressed by this sort of thing, but do not understand it.

I kind of find it useless because it would only make a difference if you are comparing your site to a competitor and see what kind of pages are giving them the most traffic. It is kind of useless to look at the top 10 because all you see is facebook, google, and yahoo taking the top spots...

i only know one thing about the alexa which

"The web information company"
commented: thanks +0

This is a ranking system set by alexa.com (a subsidiary of amazon.com) that basically audits and makes public the frequency of visits on various Web sites.

Alexa analyzes web usage from traffic data sources with their own Alexa Toolbar users to eventually create traffic rankings for websites.
SEO India

Alexa rank is a open stat for any site.Which means any one can check alexa rank.
You can increase rank by increase pageviews and unique visitors.

Alexa Rank is a "web information company," they define themselves. They and their traffic Alexa rank better than some of the other factors.This daily.Lesser based on the district's website and blog, which are to be updated.

I'm not so sure about the accuracy or utility of Alexa. Alexa's site "rank" often seems to have no correlation to what is actually happening in terms of traffic and page views. About the only reason to chase a top 100,000 Alexa ranking is to have something to impress your site visitors with - and that might be a good enough reason to try and improve your Alexa rank!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.