I am SEO executive. But I don't know how to crate robots ? so please suggest me.

usman_24 commented: robots.txt must be an UTF-8 encoded text file (which includes ASCII). Using other character sets is not possible. the robots exclusion protocol or sta +0
10bestgloves commented: A robots. txt is a text file that resides in the root directory of your website and gives search engines crawlers instructions as to which pages they +0
kliffcareerhub commented: A robots. txt file tells search engine crawlers which URLs the crawler can access on your site. This is used mainly to avoid overloading your site wit +0
andro_3 commented: spiders. programs that collect the data from your website +0

Recommended Answers

All 53 Replies

By the help of robots.txt files that Google and other search engines are crawling and indexing your website site.

try more information in search engines

hey robot.txt is a normal text file. u can get snippet from google, it is very small and easy to use. robot. After creating tis file store it in www root folder. there are some portions on your website that you don't want google scrawler to scrawl so u can use this in meta tag. so, with the help of this robot file you can control the scrawling by Google.

Robot.txt is just a text file. It is used to tell search engines not to index some pages of a site.

Robot.txt file is specially made for the the purpose of hiding some confidential data from the crawler so we can save or adim like things.

the robot file decide to the serch engine to index your site or not

Hi friend, Now that you know what is robots.txt file I am going to tell you what the robots are.

Robots are small programs to do some automatic work (Like the real robots or smart electronic toys). In search engine optimization robots are used to gather data/information from various data stores (websites etc.)
Google and other search engines use the robots (also known as spiders or bots) to gather all the information on the website (all the web pages and other stuff like pdf files).
When the bots come to any domain(website) they look for the instructions for them. We can feed them the instructions with the help of the robots.txt file. We can tell them what resources (pages/files) to cache (to copy the pages and files from your site and store them in their own servers to show them to the searchers searching for the similar information) and what we want to hide from direct search engine traffic.
Tell me if you are asking for this or something else. I will be happy to help you. Thanks.

The Robots.txt is an easy textual content file within your website which notify search engine crawlers how to crawl and index website or webpages.

Robots simply means as automated software works according with the queries.

Robots.txt is a file through which you can guide search engines to crawl or not to crawl certain sections of your website.

Google specifically follows instructions given in this robots.txt file

A robots.txt file restricts access to your website page or folder by search engine robots that crawl the web. The bots are automated, and before accessing pages of a site they check if a robots.txt file exists that prevents them from accessing certain pages.

In simple word Robots.txt allow or disallow search engines.

it is just an automated softwares used in google for searching.

Robot.txt is a file which control search engine To visit website.We can made it easily. We should upload the robot.txt file in domain root folder.

You're an SEO Executive... but you don't know what robots are?

Robots.txt is helps to hide the pages from search engine to crawle. for example if we need to hide admin pages from google, we shold include the page in robts.txt file and upload into root folder.

Robots.txt is a file through which you can guide search engines to crawl or not to crawl certain sections of your website.

The robots.txt is a simple text file in your web site that inform search engine bots how to crawl and index website or web pages. If you search in Google you will get sample for robot.txt

It's txt file that has details for crawlers and robots to say that what to index or what not.

robot.txt is a file that gives deatils to search engine which files and webpages you crwaled or not for particular search engine.

The robots.txt is a simple text computer file in your web site that inform online search engine crawlers how to spider and index website or web pages.
By default online search engine crawlers spider everything possible unless they are forbidden from doing so. They always scan the robots.txt computer file before crawling the web site.

robot.txt is a normal text file. u can get snippet from google, it is very small and easy to use. robot. After creating tis file store it in www root folder. there are some portions on your website that you don't want google scrawler to scrawl so u can use this in meta tag. so, with the help of this robot file you can control the scrawling by Google.

• A file that tells search engines what your website s rules of engagement are is a robot.txt file, meaning a robots.txt file contains directives for search engines.
  • A big part of doing SEO is sending the right signals to search engines, and the robots.txt is one of the ways to communicate the crawling preferences to search engines i.e., It prevents search engines from crawling specific parts of your website and give helpful suggestions to the search engines on how they can best crawl your website.
  • A robot.txt file should look something like this: www.example.com/robots.txt
  • You should avoid using the crawl-delay directive for search engines.
commented: 6 -3

Hello,

There are a lot of website which provide the tool to generate robots.txt.
You can customize it by allowing or disallowing google bots to crawl any page or folder.

commented: Look up. You are 6 years late and didn't answer how to "crate robots." -3

Robot.txt is also known as robots exclusion protocol or standard. You can create a new robots.txt file by using the plain text editor of your choice.

A robots.txt file consists of one or more group. Each group consists of multiple rules or directives (instructions), one directive per line.

I'm not sure what you mean by groups? I've never grouped my robots.txt??

Robots.txt is a standard for restricting robots' access to content on an http server using the robots.txt text file located in the root of the site. The file does not apply to sites located on subdomains.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.