I currently use Kanoodle, which used to pay me some decent money, but they have seriously lowered their CTR in the past two months for me, and it's hurting. Would the switch to Google be sensible, and would I make more money? (Looking now, I only made $5 in the past month :-| )

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I can tell you that Google would be a good move because more people would see your ad, due to fact that A LOT of people use Google in the first place. As for the making more money part, more people normally earns more money. But don't take my word for it

Sp!ke, you posted in the PPC forum which is for people who actually pay per click ;) However, it seems that you're trying to use an affiliate program such as AdSense (instead of the PPC program AdWords). Am I right? If so, let me know, so I can move your thread to the more appropriate forum. I think that's why c_shaft was confused - he was under the impression you were investing in a PPC program.

3 things I know about Kanoodle:

1) It's considered a 2nd tier network (whereas Google & Yahoo are 1st tier)
2) It's a less competitive network than Google - you may be able to purchase your keywords and leads for less.
3) Contexual ads are served on MarketWatch.com, MSNBC.com, USAToday.com, CNET's Search.com, the InfoSpace search properties

Why not use both? If your choice keyword prices are too high on Adwords, try finding more niche phrases.

Bottom line is, you have the ability to use both with a min investment. Measure conversions and ROI - and see what works best for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.