Does anyone have an opinion on using circular linking versus the good ol' reciprocal linking? Or perhaps how to keep a link circle unbroken?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I'm all for circular linking. It's my opinion that reciprocal linking will die pretty soon. Google is catching on to the idea of raising PR with direct page<-->page links. I even read somewhere that whenever google catches two pages in a direct reciprocal link, they don't count the links towards the sites' PR.

I think the best way is to create lots of mini-link rings. For example, circular linking with only 3 or 4 sites. But participate in lots of 'em ;)

When I do direct homepage<-->homepage reciprocals with someone, I'll ask them to link to www.daniweb.com but I will link back at www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/ (the forum index). This way google doesn't catch a direct page2page recip.

I'm all for circular linking. It's my opinion that reciprocal linking will die pretty soon. Google is catching on to the idea of raising PR with direct page<-->page links. I even read somewhere that whenever google catches two pages in a direct reciprocal link, they don't count the links towards the sites' PR.

I think the best way is to create lots of mini-link rings. For example, circular linking with only 3 or 4 sites. But participate in lots of 'em ;)

When I do direct homepage<-->homepage reciprocals with someone, I'll ask them to link to www.daniweb.com but I will link back at www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/ (the forum index). This way google doesn't catch a direct page2page recip.

ooooh soooo sneaky! I am telling.

Ok, circular. Is that another term for non-reciprocating?

Circular means that site A links to site B, site B links to site C, and site C links back to site A. Of course, the ring can be a lot bigger and can be broken by any one site.

Ok, circular. Is that another term for non-reciprocating?

Yes kind of. I think reciprical linking will always have a place.

Reciprocal linking will always have its place ... but a large part of it Google has control of. If google decides tomorrow that it will no longer count any recip links towards PR, they most certainly won't hold the same value they hold today. Of course, there are always those links that are there to actually drive clickthus ;)

Does anyone have an opinion on using circular linking versus the good ol' reciprocal linking? Or perhaps how to keep a link circle unbroken?

Links are good no matter what. The more time you spend trying to learn how to work the system, the more you will hurt yourself. Yes Google is a big player, however I still recieve about 40% of my SE visitors from Yahoo/MSN.

My recommendation is don't worry about how the sites are linking, if you get some circular links in there good, if you get reciprocal links, good, if you get just one way links to your site, even better.

Links are good no matter what. .

That's what I think! Any link is a good one!

circular link is very important for one way link to any site........ go for circular site......... maintain the quality is also important for site.......

BTW, what is meant by circular link?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.