I was asked to optimize a site that was already ranked high on google, the problem was, after a while, the client hired a designer that broke about 285 links on the site, in which then, Google stop ranking the site high. I took over the site, fixed the links and optimized the site. This was three (3) weeks ago, and I submitted the site through bcentral, which apparently was in charge of submitting to google.

Given this, I have two questions. how does google penalize site that have broken links (how long)? AND, does any ever use bcentral, if so, should I resubmit to google directly or should I confide that bcentral did what it had to.

NOTE: bcentral was subscribed by my client, and they been using it to when they were ranked on top with google.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

how does google penalize site that have broken links (how long)?

Google doesn't penalize sites for broken links. Search engines don't rank websites, they rank pages. Each page is judged by its own merit. The only effect broken links may have is the pages that are supposed to be linked to, but aren't because the links are incorrect, might be de-listed as it may appear those pages don't exist anymore.

AND, does any ever use bcentral, if so, should I resubmit to google directly or should I confide that bcentral did what it had to.

Resubmitting the site is pointless. Once Google has indexed a web page it will continue to crawl that web page. Only resubmit a page if you suspect it is not listed in Google's index anymore. A quick search for that page will tell you if it is or not.

Since the website was modified and the code was modified or the pages content changed.Dramatc changes like those can affect the websites rank in search engines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.