hi. i was reseraching for " how to get a better ranking" and i got into this forum. i wanted help to get a better ranking to my website britneyfans.org . it has just a page rank of 1 ( dunno why) cause they are worst websites than mine ( no content just ads) that have a pr of 4 and more. can someone view if i have any errors in my html code that are giving me a bad page rank? also i would like to ask if its there any problem on exchanging links with websites with a difrent content than mine ( non britney spears related ones), cause i read somewhere that i causes a drop in your page rank. is that true? so if u can help me how to improve my search engine rankings i would appreciate. keep with your amazing jobs in this forum.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi. i was reseraching for " how to get a better ranking" and i got into this forum. i wanted help to get a better ranking to my website britneyfans.org . it has just a page rank of 1 ( dunno why) cause they are worst websites than mine ( no content just ads) that have a pr of 4 and more.

PR does not have to do with the quality of the website. It has to do with the link popularity of a web page. Those other pages simply have more/better links then you do.

also i would like to ask if its there any problem on exchanging links with websites with a difrent content than mine ( non britney spears related ones), cause i read somewhere that i causes a drop in your page rank. is that true?

Links from unrelated sites are virtually worthless to Google. Links from on-topic pages are what you need to improve your rankings. It is also widely accepted that link exchanges reduce the value of the links involved. Either way, one way links are what you want. Submitting to free directories is a great way to start.

The site was excellent with quality content. The next step is to market it...so try to get good backlinks from relevant sites. The one-way links will help you a lot. You can achieve it by submitting to the directories and writing articles. Don't worry about PR !

I have gone through your site dedicated to britneyfans, It had very good content but try to update them regularly. Target on your keywords use them wisely in your content but don’t overuse them.

Try to get links from relevant high PR sites, as links from different sites which does not have any concern with your site may be considered as spam and google don’t count such backlinks, so such links are of no use in terms of ranking.

For linkexchange i recommend not to go for reciprocal links try to get natural one way links, these can be obtained by directory submission, posting in forums and blogs with having signature of your site’s url.

You definately need quality back links to increase your link popularity and organic searches

hi. i was reseraching for " how to get a better ranking" and i got into this forum. i wanted help to get a better ranking to my website britneyfans.org . it has just a page rank of 1 ( dunno why) cause they are worst websites than mine ( no content just ads) that have a pr of 4 and more. can someone view if i have any errors in my html code that are giving me a bad page rank? also i would like to ask if its there any problem on exchanging links with websites with a difrent content than mine ( non britney spears related ones), cause i read somewhere that i causes a drop in your page rank. is that true? so if u can help me how to improve my search engine rankings i would appreciate. keep with your amazing jobs in this forum.

If you have good quality website, you already have 50% even more success in SEO. Just get more related links and stay close to G guidelines, you will be on the top. Just time! keep going!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.