I recently posted an article to a few pr4 blogs and my site went from 350+ on google/yahoo to the top 100. I know as more and more posts are added to the blog it probably wont help as much. What are some other resources similar to this that I can submit articles to? I am looking more for smaller blog type sites, the article submission sites are a headache. This cost $5 so anything around that is good.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What is the category of your site? I misght be able to help you..

Post your article in your blog and submit the link to social bookmarking site like netscape and digg. New post to blog can easily indexed by Google.

... posted an article to a few pr4 blogs and my site went from 350+ on google/yahoo to the top 100 ...

I would suspect that the postings to a few blogs has had little effect in ranking changes. 350 to 100 is no more than an indication that your web pages are in regular crawls. I would also suspect that your site will drop to the 350 range and crawl up to top 100 repeatedly over the next few months, unless you do something significantly important to your own web pages.

Now, when you see a jump from top 100 to top 20 you would in fact have done something favourable to increase increase your SERP ranking because you addressed your own on-site lack of top ranking sustainability.

In ther words, I suggest you concentrate on creating your own important content rather thatn seek externally to empower something you have created that is obviously mediocre, like the other 250 web pages in your SERP range.

You can also stumbleUpon your article. I am sure, you will get too traffic for your articles but leads are not confirmed.

I would suggest some one site changes as to editting content and try some combinations of strong and italic content along with off site optimization campaigns. Posting to same blog again and agian may not be too much helpful.

What is the category of your site? I misght be able to help you..

They are winery sites

I would suspect that the postings to a few blogs has had little effect in ranking changes. 350 to 100 is no more than an indication that your web pages are in regular crawls. I would also suspect that your site will drop to the 350 range and crawl up to top 100 repeatedly over the next few months, unless you do something significantly important to your own web pages.

Now, when you see a jump from top 100 to top 20 you would in fact have done something favourable to increase increase your SERP ranking because you addressed your own on-site lack of top ranking sustainability.

In ther words, I suggest you concentrate on creating your own important content rather thatn seek externally to empower something you have created that is obviously mediocre, like the other 250 web pages in your SERP range.

I agree, the content needs a lot of improvement. I am building a new site not worrying about backlinks at all, just quality content and it just got crawled and is in the top 200 for all keyphrases already. I have seen steady improvement by posting a variety of blog articles in different directories so I was going to experiment with that for the other sites.

I would suggest some one site changes as to editting content and try some combinations of strong and italic content along with off site optimization campaigns. Posting to same blog again and agian may not be too much helpful.

Does the bold/italic keyphrases still help with seo? I used to do this but I have heard it does work from some people and doesnt work from others?

<b> </b> = depreciated html code to bold something, has been replaced with the CSS style of font-weight:strong
Similar with <i> </i>

However, <em> for emphasis (typically rendered as italics) and <strong> for strong emphasis (typically rendered as bold) do help SEO. They're also good for usability, and will be read with emphasis to blind people using screen reader software.

Remember, even though they are typically visually displayed as bold and italics, their true meaning is "emphasis" and you are free to use a css stylesheet to render them however you wish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.