Hi again,

I'm new to PPC, so pls. bare with me.

Question... Out of ALL the pay per click SEs & sites, which one do you feel gives you the best ROI?
I'm guessing Google, but just want to hear what others say.

Oh can you please PM me, cuz I don't always get time to read the posts. I'm so busy.

Thanks again & take care

Michelle ;)

Recommended Answers

All 72 Replies

Google AdSense :) I used to use ValueClick banner advertising and the results were about only half as good.

Okay is Ad Sense where your ad shows up to the right of the search page in the little box or is it where your ad/banner is on other people's sites?

But I saw you mention that you risk having your competitor's ad on your site which I clearly don't want LOL

Thanks

Michelle

Google AdSense :) I used to use ValueClick banner advertising and the results were about only half as good.

Google AdWords is where webmasters can pay to advertise their site. AdWords ads that people pay to place appear in two places: to the right of Google search results and also via Google AdSense, which is appearing on other people's sites, such as here on DaniWeb. In other words, Google AdWords is google's program where people can advertise their site. And Google AdSense is google's program where people can earn money advertising other people's sites.

I disagree that it is bad to advertise competitor's ads. Web surfers only stay on a site until they are done with it, and then they leave. If your site has something they want, and they like it, they'll stay no matter what. If they are ready to leave your site, they're going to leave no matter what. So why not at least earn a few cents each time one of your visitors is ready to leave?

Keep in mind: your visitor is always going to find your competitor no matter what. If they do a google search, your site is listed right alongside your competitor's. So if they're going to eventually leave anyways, and they're going to find your competitors anyways, why not at least earn a few cents at your competitors expense?

I would like to add that Google AdSense does display relevant, content targeted ads on your page. However, for the most part, these ads are not direct competition. For example, notice the ads posted throughout this site don't point to direct competition computer support forums - they point to other sites that would interest programmers, web developers, etc. In addition, Google AdSense offers the ability for you to create a list of domains you don't want advertised on your site. So you can always exclude direct competitors that way.

Ahh, I c. It's a two tier process.

Thanks for the info & advice.

Take care

Michelle

Both Overture and Google Adwords have quite good ROI if managed properly, however if you dont do your research ANY PPC can cost you a lot and make you a little. Its all about finding high converting words that dont cost more per acquition in traffic then your making from your net profit.

Yes & I feel that's what the problem is.

It takes so much time to do the research & I'm only one person LOL

There must be a quicker method when it comes to researching.

I just came across an e-book I might purchase on PPC

Thanks & have a take care :)

Michelle

Both Overture and Google Adwords have quite good ROI if managed properly, however if you dont do your research ANY PPC can cost you a lot and make you a little. Its all about finding high converting words that dont cost more per acquition in traffic then your making from your net profit.

Other than Google and Overture, which SE's give you the best ROI? (ex. Enhance, GoClick, Kanoodle, etc...)

I have only used Google and Overture - both for extended periods of time. I found that I got better results out of Google as I found that Overture was a bit overpriced. I currently pay only 5 cents/click with AdWords and am quite happy.

Adsense is def. the way to go.

You mean AdWords, right? AdWords is google's program where you pay them to advertise (what this thread is about). AdSense is where google pays you to publish AdWords ads on your site.

CSCGAL how much would you set as your daily limit if your advertising a forum with google adwords? Google adwords was effective when I ran a used software purchasing business but seems to lack in the forum world. Any suggestions?

adwords and overture are generally the two must dos... their roi depends on site and industry. with few sites and clients I see better roi at overture on some and adwords on others.

additionally findwhat might be ok for some sites too, but I always start out with adwords and overture off the start before trying any of the others.

CSCGAL how much would you set as your daily limit if your advertising a forum with google adwords? Google adwords was effective when I ran a used software purchasing business but seems to lack in the forum world. Any suggestions?

You don't want to ask me this question ;) I spend way too much on AdWords. I would start with a small budget, and be sure to use conversion tracking. See the percentage of visitors who are registering on your forum, and over a week or so, see if you are finding these new members are becoming site regulars. Estimate how much time they spend on the site based on postcount, and you can put yourself together a ROI. If the return is good, increase the spending ;)

you should try chitika the click through rate might go down but I get about 0.16 cents for terms that would pay 0.05 in google so it's definitly worth it if you don't have a high paying keyword site (like lets say a myspace code or arcade type site).

goodluck!

Are you talking about AdSense or AdWords?

Why would you want to pay more per click? That makes no sense to me.

Michelle

you should try chitika the click through rate might go down but I get about 0.16 cents for terms that would pay 0.05 in google so it's definitly worth it if you don't have a high paying keyword site (like lets say a myspace code or arcade type site).

goodluck!

does google give as low as 5 cent per click or it can go 1 cent per click ason adwords sites ther mention we can get as low as 1 cent per click ?
thanx

Adsense conversion rates are really good depending on the type of site you put them, I'll tell you right now, only business-type websites gets huge pay per click rates on their sites. I have a video site that recieves 1000s of visitors per day, although i get good amount of click throughs, I still make less than 1 cents per click.
See, that's the thing with adsense, it's great depending on the keywords you have on your site. I say you should try Bidvertiser, I get about 44 cents per click almost everytime.

IMHO, "the best" is not suitable for all publishers; it depends on the traffic source and the nature of your websites. The most important thing is the efficiency of the PPC. I worked both with the AdSense and AdCenter, and I have to say that they have a lot of traffic, however, the but the efficiency is not that exciting. I decided for myself to start trying working with the smaller PPC specialized in targeted advertising. I must admit that they are more efficient. In addition, they pay more often, which is also a very pleasant thing :) and a big plus on their account.

this is quite helpful info

I use Google adwords to promote my site. I'm pretty happy with the results but I am will to try others as well. I tried Yahoo's campaign but was not very happy with the results. I have heard good things about the MSN campaign but have not tried it yet. Any input on the MSN tool would be appreciated.

I would say Google Adsense is currently the best and biggest PPC program.

You will need good traffic to your site to make a decent income from Adsense.

Google is good and pretty easy to learn how to use. :)

I would say Google Adsense is currently the best and biggest PPC program.

You will need good traffic to your site to make a decent income from Adsense.

The trick to profiting well with AdSense is to keep a decent CTR. I would rather give fewer page impressions if it meant I could keep the impression to click ratio up. Also, conversion rate DOES matter. The people who click need to be intersted in the product or service and the conversion rate of the people who click originating from your site needs to be comparable to the overall conversion rate of the particular advertiser. Otherwise it looks more like fraudulant clicks or wasteful traffic clicks and that also leads to a lower eCPM.

Firstly, Adsense is not a PPC program, it is Google's publisher network. Adwords is Google's PPC program and Adsense forms a part of the Adwords content network where advertisers might want to advertise.

I use both MSN and Miscrosoft Adcenter for advertising and have experienced fantastic conversions with Adcenter rather than with Adwords. In my case, Adcenter beats Adwords by a huge margin for conversions. Since Adcenter has no content or search partner network, the traffic is 100% from within the MSN network with no 3rd party partners. This has resulted in me getting high quality "fraud free" traffic.

On Adwords, I have to turn off the content network (adsense) or else risk getting flooded with massive non converting traffic. The only issue with MSN adcenter is the lack of high traffic. However, for certain niches, adenter has comparable traffic to Google. In my opinion, if MSN can start pulling more traffic, Google might have a tough time retaining its advertisers. Today, advertiser's like me use Google simply out of lack of choice. The day we see MSN get higher search volumes, we surely will quit Google.

I would recommend you to try out Adcenter. You have nothing to lose. However, be ready for wait times, to get your ad and keywords approved. But, once your ad is live, you'll definitely see the difference. Also make sure to advertise on keywords which have sizeable search volumes or else, you might end up getting very few to no visitors.

Good luck. :)

you could have left the banners and just added the adsense.....

If you are talking about PPC that you use to bring traffic and convert by selling your products then Google has the most available traffic.... that does not mean it is the best.

You need to use a tracking program to measure which keywords and which ads have the right fit for your site and products.

I have found that MSN and Yahoo are converting better but with much less volume... hence Google would give me more sales and more profit but with a higher cost per acquisition.

If you keep reinvesting you will eventually be able to use them all.

Also 7search is a great small engine with the best ROI but very low numbers for us in the financial vertical.

Bottomline - you need tracking and analytics to streamline your PPC campaigns to the best profitability.

Guys...

I think the best ppc program is BUXTO

buxto has paid thousand usd for their member since 2007.
Membership is FREE!!

Earnings example (based on current averages)
» You click 10 ads per day = $0.10
» 20 referrals click 10 ads per day = $2.00
» Your daily earnings = $2.10
» Your weekly earnings = $14.70
» Your monthly earnings = $63.00

It`s true, u can join now and be a member for free:
BUXTO

u can see the proof of payments to there..

i think another best ppc program is donkeymails

Membership is FREE.
No minimum E-gold Payout!
Low $1 LibertyReserve , Paypal and Alertpay Payout
Get Paid for Clicking on ads
Get Paid for sign-ups
Complete tasks with the toolbar and earn money
Payouts through E-gold, LibertyReserve , Paypal and Alertpay
Payouts will be made weekly!
Earn extra money playing games
Get Paid To Promote $0.75 per 1,000 Credits!

U can join for FREE HERE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.