Hello,
I'm new to the forums here so forgive any ignorance on my part.

I need someone to either help me figure some things out or go in and fix the issues I am having with my Zen Cart.

Version of Zen Cart is 1.3.7.1 / Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1
PHP Version 4.4.7

1. I have not updated yet to PHP5. My server only has PHP4. Will that be a major issue after Dec 31?

2. There is a parse error showing on the product pages pertaining to the images.
The images show great and the pop up images work fine though.

3. Certain email addresses, such as hotmail and comcast are not receiving new password emails when a member forgets password.

4. Gift certificates: When a member purchases, let's say a $10.00 certificate and emails $5.00 each to two people, the first person to redeem is the only one it works for. The second person, even though having received a different redemption code, can not redeem. The notice at the store says it has been redeemed already or is not valid.

5. Newsletter subscription emails: When sent, they are not in html, and they look goofed up. I have to send plain text and no links.

There are other issues and would like to hire someone to help or simply fix. And perhaps I can pay intermittently for continued support.

I will give links when notified of interest here at the forum.

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,
I'm new to the forums here so forgive any ignorance on my part.

I need someone to either help me figure some things out or go in and fix the issues I am having with my Zen Cart.

Version of Zen Cart is 1.3.7.1 / Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1
PHP Version 4.4.7

1. I have not updated yet to PHP5. My server only has PHP4. Will that be a major issue after Dec 31?

2. There is a parse error showing on the product pages pertaining to the images.
The images show great and the pop up images work fine though.

3. Certain email addresses, such as hotmail and comcast are not receiving new password emails when a member forgets password.

4. Gift certificates: When a member purchases, let's say a $10.00 certificate and emails $5.00 each to two people, the first person to redeem is the only one it works for. The second person, even though having received a different redemption code, can not redeem. The notice at the store says it has been redeemed already or is not valid.

5. Newsletter subscription emails: When sent, they are not in html, and they look goofed up. I have to send plain text and no links.

There are other issues and would like to hire someone to help or simply fix. And perhaps I can pay intermittently for continued support.

I will give links when notified of interest here at the forum.

Thank you!

Why don't you ask your questions on the Zen Cart Forum? Alternatively, Buy the E-book from their site which explains everything you need to know to get Zen Cart working properly.
maurellis

You will find alot of help on the ZenCart forum and also alot of useful information.

If you still can't solve your issues you should look for someone that knows how ZenCart works and who can do some programming. Typically you can get that fixed for less then $100...

Hi,

If you still need help with these issues, message me and we can discuss them together.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.