Has anyone used the 2008 version of the Community Server software? It seems great on the surface (and using the demo) for a social networking site, but I would like to hear some user experience or feedback.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I've been using CommunityServer since before it was called CommunityServer. It's highly recommended. Themeing and customization can be a little complicated if you don't have any ASP.NET experience.

CommunityServer is definitely designed to handle huge websites, as it's used by Microsoft, MySpace (for their forums), and even Dell (the Direct2Dell blog).

I am also a freelance CommunityServer developer, so if you ever needed consulting, send me a PM!

I do have asp.net experience (Visual Basic, C++); and was very impressed by the 200 page development guide supplied by Community Server. I'm just a little worried about a few things:
1) The installation process: While reading the support forums it seems this was a common problem among users
2) Test Drive: I have downloaded the software for the Enterprise Edition; is this a full working example of the software I would purchase?

I've been using CommunityServer since before it was called CommunityServer. It's highly recommended. Themeing and customization can be a little complicated if you don't have any ASP.NET experience.

CommunityServer is definitely designed to handle huge websites, as it's used by Microsoft, MySpace (for their forums), and even Dell (the Direct2Dell blog).

I am also a freelance CommunityServer developer, so if you ever needed consulting, send me a PM!

I am looking for a designer with Community Server experience to integrate Enterprise functionality with a new front end. I also want regular assistance to make sure we are getting the best from Community Server.

Diarmuid

I would like to have a discussion with Techmavin regarding Community Server

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.