Hi,

I have read through some of the promoting ideas given in this forum. Most of the ideas are great. I have tried some and will try the others soon.

My forum is about car, performance cars to be specific. My partner and I manage to acquire 600+ users in the past year but only 300+ postings. Some of the signups are here to view the videos we have created on local car shows. We have promoted the videos in other car forums but few users have commented on our forum directly. How do I get them to post and build a community? Please review my site, <url removed>, and give me some specific ideas. Thanks.

Is there a service of some kind to help promote a forum by doing a lot of postings and inviting others to join?

rich

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Maybe you could add a news box somewhere near the top of your page with a link back to a forum topic for viewer input, doesn't have to be big, or bulky. Every so often post something new in it that might spark discussion, maybe even something a lil' inaccurate or slightly controversial. At any rate something to grab their attention and get them thinking....

Dance

Hi,

I have read through some of the promoting ideas given in this forum. Most of the ideas are great. I have tried some and will try the others soon.

My forum is about car, performance cars to be specific. My partner and I manage to acquire 600+ users in the past year but only 300+ postings. Some of the signups are here to view the videos we have created on local car shows. We have promoted the videos in other car forums but few users have commented on our forum directly. How do I get them to post and build a community? Please review my site, www.pcars.us, and give me some specific ideas. Thanks.

Is there a service of some kind to help promote a forum by doing a lot of postings and inviting others to join?

rich

I would offer them a reward system. Something that will keep them coming back time after time and bringing friends. Maybe you could add a arcade.

Small tip: The trick with using promotion tools is to spread it.

If you have competitions, promotions, advertisements, and whatnot, spread it over months.

[...]
My partner and I manage to acquire 600+ users in the past year but only 300+ postings.
[...]

If you have that great of a post to member ratio, I would first jump up and down from joy, then continue to do what you have been doing... I have less then 1% poster to member ratio.
:cry:

You could mass email your members with 0 posts with an invite to introduce themselves. Then 3 months from now remove those who have been inactive for 6+ months.

Thanks guys. I will try some of your suggestions. Most of my signups are because my video section requires them to sign-in. I do advertise my videos in other forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.