With questions about sales-related efforts in social networking (like the one I posted already) I am curious to know if anyone announces or includes press releases in their social networks. I currently have one client that tweets about them with links to their corporate site and uses one of their links in their linkedin profiles for new press releases (rotating them out as necessary). All input is welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I actually have a marketing friend who did this for his company's site and from a SEO perspective, it surely helped bring traffic to the site as well as helped the site appear on the first page of results. It was a for a green energy computer server. I was amazed to see how the company's various press releases were out there and helped market the company online.

I currently create press releases and post them on the corporate site for one of my clients but I have held off on doing the same on the blogs as I do not want the blogs to appear salesy

I agree with you in regards to making a blog look salesy. I did see a Wordpress blog where one tab was just for Press Releases and it was made very clean and professional. It was not part of the regular blog roll.

I agree with you in regards to making a blog look salesy. I did see a Wordpress blog where one tab was just for Press Releases and it was made very clean and professional. It was not part of the regular blog roll.

Even with the blog you saw, I would be wary of putting to many press releases up. I would stick with big wins in major vertical targeted along with announcements of awards received or of company members being quoted for articles or elsewhere in the press. I am a firm believer in keeping the blogs as free of sales pitches as possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.