Member Avatar for kzt50

Hi,

I have my site up and running over 6 months but growth is very slow. I have done all the SEO work that you find on the forums like social bookmarking etc but still not getting too much movement. Anyone got suggestions:

Thanks
K.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I would suggest a newsletter or free tools for your visitors.

Give them a reason to stay or come back.

Most importantly give them a reason to tell a friend about it.

Member Avatar for kzt50

Thanks, suggestion for a tool the might be relavant for this site?

I would say pay scale calculator?

What Are you worth, that type of deal.

Also I would join Career Builder affiliate program and post links there as well.

You should try to increase your backlink count and do some marketing for your site, maybe that would help.

Or try to improve it in some way. Put yourself in a position of a visitor and try to figure out what is missing.

Hi,

I have my site up and running over 6 months but growth is very slow. I have done all the SEO work that you find on the forums like social bookmarking etc but still not getting too much movement. Anyone got suggestions:

Thanks
K.

If you are talking about SERP movement then It may be possible that you have too much competitor or used low traffic keyword

Let me know on which topic you are running you site, give some detail about your site.

Member Avatar for kzt50

The site is essentially a rate my company site.

Have done everything but still not ranking/ not getting traffic, reasons could be -
1) Lack of web strategy / approach
2) You are not targeting the right keywords
3) Web Design is not appealing
4) Less amount of BLs
5) Website is not search engine friendly.

If you want to use social bookmarking effectively, you may have to submit to various social bookmarking websites together. Use tools like Bookmark Submitter to increase your efficiency on this....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.