On a lot of the forums on Linkedin there are discussions about setting up dating web sites. One story I saw said that the biggest growth niche in social media are dating sites. Out of curiosity, how many of you would put up ads (like google adword-type ads) on dating sites in the short term to see if there were any benefits. This question is for everyone, not just the people who have products or work with companies whose products would lend themselves to a dating site.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Depends on how much the site will generate traffic and how much time it take to gain popularity.

I actually created two very small scale dating sites - non existent now - and though I had no ads on them, from my experience, the ads that will get most clicks on dating sites are ones that have a strong sexual innuendo.

I actually created two very small scale dating sites - non existent now - and though I had no ads on them, from my experience, the ads that will get most clicks on dating sites are ones that have a strong sexual innuendo.

It figures. I wonder if you set up niche dating sites (over 40, over 50, certain religious and ethnic group-focused) and had non-sexual products that appealed to these groups how that would work out. For example, would a web-based specialty food supplier with a focus on asian foods be well served by setting up an asian-focused dating site that they could advertise the food products on. He could offer the dating services at a minimal charge of free if it guaranteed a stream of business for the food distribution site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.