I do believe that the recession has motivated many users to tap into online communities to network and increase their professional growth. This may be a big reason on why LinkedIn has much more momentum than a few years ago. So how do you think the recession has affected online communities and activities?

I do believe that the recession has motivated many users to tap into online communities to network and increase their professional growth. This may be a big reason on why LinkedIn has much more momentum than a few years ago. So how do you think the recession has affected online communities and activities?

I think one of the biggest and most obvious effects is the number of companies who are getting heavily involved in social media and online communities. As involvement in many of these online communities are free or available for a negligible cost and because the online communities offer a great opportunity for the rapid feedback and instantaneous interaction that was only possible at live events make the social networks and online communities key to riding out the recession.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.