I have an Extreme Sports website www.magxzine.com that has been up for a few months.

I have done almost no promotion on the site but I am begining to attract a few visitors ~150 uniques per day. Average pages are about 2.5 per visitor.

I am considering adding a forum to the site to keep visitors coming back on a regular basis but do not really have time to get involved heavily with posting and maintaing a forum.

Is this something I should persue now or should I wait for more traffic before attempting?

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by etechsupport

but do not really have time to get involved heavily with posting and maintaing a forum.

This is the main problem: you need to spend a LOT of time in your forums in order to make them survive at first and then grow. If you have the time to do it, then it's a good idea, but otherwise you'd just prepare yourself for a bit fiasco. I know in all webmaster articles (even mine :D) you're told to create a community to have returning visitors. But you need to really know if you are willing to put all the time and work it needs ..

I have checked your site, its look good, I hope you should add forum on it, start with good posts, let few people close to you to contribute to your forum.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.