The Center for Media Research, in a brief released earlier this week, reported that a study by Ethos Business Law found that 51% of senior US executives (marketing, management and HR) fear social media could be bad for employee productivity while 49% say that social media could damage company reputation. But, these sames execs also said
- 81% believe social media can enhance customer/client relationships
- 81% also agree it can build brand reputation
- 69% view social networking as a potentialy valuable recruitment tool
- 64% see social media as a strong customer service tool
- 46% see it as a potential morale booster for employees
This report seems to indicate some serious indecision on the part of US execs. 72% say they personally visit social media sites weekly. As te builders and maintainers of online communities, can we do anything to assuage the fears of these execs.
The link to the report is