I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get very peeved off by the new AdSense. While I love the concept and all, I do NOT like the idea of having untargeted ads. I could easily get a LOT more from other ad networks and agencies than I am getting from AdSense, but I am opting to use AdSense simply because the ads are on target. Is there anyway that we can convince Google to do away with the idea of non on topic ads - and stop trying to be like all the other ad agencies out there. After all, on topic only is what makes AdSense better ;)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Haven't had the time to look into their new systems in detail but isn't that CPM / Untargeted ads not opt-outable?

Well, you can choose right now to show text only, image only, or text / image combo in each ad spot. From what I see, the off-topic ads are only images - not sure about CPMs since I still can't use it in my AdWords account. But the point of the matter is that in the past, Google has released changes to AdSense, gotten a lot of negative feedback, and reverted the changes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.