Hi I've built a classified ads site and in it's first month I only got 12 ads posted by 10 users! It's terribly awful!

I tried some email advertising telling every people I knew that I got a site here but as you see it didn't work out.

Any ideas on how to get more ads posted here?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi I've built a classified ads site and in it's first month I only got 12 ads posted by 10 users! It's terribly awful!

I tried some email advertising telling every people I knew that I got a site here but as you see it didn't work out.

Any ideas on how to get more ads posted here?

What kind of site traffic are you offering that will entice people to advertise? What is you value proposition for prospective advertisers? What are you charging for ads? More info is needed before anyone may be able to offer advice.

How about buying targeted traffic to your site?
Try http://sure-traffic.com

Good stuff.

If you are promoting your site you are going to get on the bad side of DaniWeb. Be careful.

You can start with Social Bookmarking sites to promote your site.

My recommendations:
1. increase the value aspect of the user experience
2. constantly promote, promote, promote your site both offline and online
3. Everything you do needs online needs to link to your site and thus, this will help increase the number of potential advertisers.

My recommendations:
1. increase the value aspect of the user experience
2. constantly promote, promote, promote your site both offline and online
3. Everything you do needs online needs to link to your site and thus, this will help increase the number of potential advertisers.

As you are still in the early stages, all of these suggestions are ideal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.