It has been 2 weeks since I launched my website. I have done everything by book, added a sitemap, registered the site with google, yahoo and bing. Put the title and description meta tag.

My site is still not indexed ..
Please advise what I can do so that google indexes it.
dealpigeon.com

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Have you tried submitting it directly to google or bing?

Have you tried submitting it directly to google or bing?

yes, I submitted it to google, yahoo and bing. In google webmastertools, it does show the site. In my web server logs very day google bot retrieves the robots.txt and sitemap.xml. Yahoo Slurp also canbe seen inlog files. I have never seen msnbot though. But no indexing by any of the search engines. I keep wondering why.

i see it indexed and returning in google.

i see it indexed and returning in google.

My understanding was that it is indexed if it shows up in google as you type the characters in search field.

Ah - no... those are suggestions. Google and other search engines will suggest search queries as you type into the search field. They base their suggestions on popularity. The more people search for a keyword phrase, the more likely it will show up as you type in the search field. Your domain will eventually appear as a suggestion but I really wouldn't worry about it. More importantly, Google is crawling, indexing and displaying your site in their search results. Keep focusing on creating a quality resource and optimize your on-site components.

Ah - no... those are suggestions. Google and other search engines will suggest search queries as you type into the search field. They base their suggestions on popularity. The more people search for a keyword phrase, the more likely it will show up as you type in the search field. Your domain will eventually appear as a suggestion but I really wouldn't worry about it. More importantly, Google is crawling, indexing and displaying your site in their search results. Keep focusing on creating a quality resource and optimize your on-site components.

Well, you are right....Just checked on the google.com webmaster tools and it is indexed. What a pleasure to see that :) It shows the keywords from my page with their significance and some of those words are not even in the page. But they are related ..amazing. detail...it even tells what words people have been searching when they found my website...
...I am happy :)

Thanks a lot jay

Glad to have helped! :)

to get it indexed soon try to comment on a high pr dofollow blog or social bookmark it..

It will take a while for your site to end up indexed. It will take a day to several days before it will be indexed into the different search sites. And the fastest way to get indexed is to start building links to your site. If I remember correctly, having a high page rank site link to your site will get your site listed by Google in just a few days.

Hi,

Recently I have started online business but my site is showing in search engine. I just want to know how Google's deciding a page's importance and how it calculates. I have never faced such types of problem. So will any body suggest me what to do?

Thanks

You have to promote your site a little, try submitting your site to socail bookmark sites as well as rss sites.

Hi,

Hey, as you know recently I have started my online business and I am beginner and not very much familiar with these topics. And one new thing you have discussed here is about RSS. So will you tell me please more about RSS? Because when I talked with some experts they told me about version of RSS to use. But still I have some doubt. So please tell me the benefits and reasons for using RSS?

Thanks

Your site would be in google sand box possibly

check your basic seo work plz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.