check my web page out please i need the guests and members
http://s10.invisionfree.com/huba_buba
thanks

Yours is a classic example of the two great board-killers:

• being too generalized--a forum for EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING
  • having too many forums at the start.

You could turn some of your categories into forums and forums into sub-forums. Make it look smaller. People like small places that have lots of people crammed in.

Member Avatar for Electrohead

And - to add to your comment Tom2 - He has an awful load of stupid and disgusting forums. As well as a cr&p design.

I mean... internet sex? What the fag?

check my web page out please i need the guests and members
http://s10.invisionfree.com/huba_buba
thanks

ok heres my opinion:

like Tom2 said, it's too generalized. I think a good idea would be to start by just having 1 music forum and maybe a few sub-forums. The same for the consoles, game and the sports section.

The internet sex forum is just a waste of space, no one in their right mind is going to have cyber sex on a public forum where others can read their posts.

well i need some more members i have my mods and admin now i just need members so if people can register and post alot that would be nice

Well I just started out and we have 30members. I think that, that is a good thing. At least I hope so.

My free Invisionfree forum isn't doing too well. I have 39 members, but only about 5 of them actually post regularly. The forum has its history of up times and down times, but it's been pretty much down for the past few months.

My forum is just a general discussion forum. It all started at Jiu Inn, a forum for discussion about a Romance of the Three Kingdoms web comic. The members there enjoyed the comic for a while, but the whole site suddenly went down. The comic was gone, and the forum with it. Those few members who maintained contact with each other got the word that we were all meeting at the Shattered Enigma forum, dedicated to games, the titles of which I can't remember. We didn't belong there, and I felt bad for intruding, so, voila, my forum, The Fiery Dragon, was born as a haven for the old Jiu Inners.

I also invited some of my personal friends, and things were going great for a while, and then things started going downhill, and now I'm left with 5 posters and no way to relive the former glory.

My site is for young programmers interested in programming :)
It now has 1,033 members and growing :)
I love it :D

hey youngcoder im a member there to
my isnt that great i got like 5-6 members but i just opened like a week and a half ago

Hi I just joined 10mins ago and I wanted to get more info on how to get people to post and use your message board. I hope I picked the right thread.

I have two message boards and they are doing quite well, the newest one has been up for 6weeks and has 110 members BUT the members all come from another message board so they are all known to me already and the site isnt open generally because it complements the other site.

However, I wanted to start another MB linked from a new website I am doing, and it would be open to anyone and I would be starting this MB from scratch. How do I get people to join? Where do I find them? And the main problem is, well two problems - 1. deciding on content, what are people most likely to want to talk about, and 2. how do I launch the site? If I set up the forums and the threads are all empty cos there's no members yet, then isnt that going to put people off if they go to a message board that has no posts even if it is new?

I have some basic ideas about what content I want on the MB as it will relate to the website but how do I get around the 2nd problem of having an empty MB with no posts? I think it would put me off if I followed a link to a MB and there didnt seem to be any activity, so how to you start it off or do you have to rely on some buddies to sign up first?

thanks

I'm not doing sooo good...:( it only has 55 members...wish I had more...like 10 members active at the same time...

Most users ever online was 10 on Jan 14 2005, 09:50 PM

Mine has only 48 members but we have a lot of activity daily. I am happy with it. It is a low goal but I would like to have more active members and posts. Just that I really want to give something better to my members rather than invision free, which now has some kind of bug in my board that makes some posts go in the wrong thread, like thread crossing or something like that.
It is very sad and they are not helping. I would have more members if I had a better forum hosting, but I can't afford anything better than that. :(

Mine has only 48 members but we have a lot of activity daily. I am happy with it. It is a low goal but I would like to have more active members and posts. Just that I really want to give something better to my members rather than invision free, which now has some kind of bug in my board that makes some posts go in the wrong thread, like thread crossing or something like that.
It is very sad and they are not helping. I would have more members if I had a better forum hosting, but I can't afford anything better than that. :(

maybe you PM me the link and I'll register!! :D

nervermind...:D
here's mine:
http://www.animal-fans.tk

mines doing decent, we're kinda slow paced though.
here is the link to mine. sorry if thats against the rules

mines doing decent, we're kinda slow paced though.
here is the link to mine. sorry if thats against the rules

hey urs is cool!!

really? awsome

also how do i change my forum to have those cool forum banners you know were it says the title of each category??

Broad, lets face it. You have a very poor forum and less web design skill than a dead armadillo. You really should fix the design of your forum and DE-GENERALISE

You have too many forums and it is hosted for free! The free hosting isnt worth it and I would buy some hosting or pay to remove the ads at least...

Fix it, or give up. I wouldn't join your forum primarily because i can barely read the writing and it is UGLY!

ive changed it several times and i am not givin up and i will keep changing it now can some one please tell me how to get those banners

and i checked your forum too its a bit dark and the lack of lines makes it seem sloppyand theres a bit too much on yours too nothing personal

ive changed it several times and i am not givin up and i will keep changing it now can some one please tell me how to get those banners

broad i can help you. just PM me. :)

and i checked your forum too its a bit dark and the lack of lines makes it seem sloppyand theres a bit too much on yours too nothing personal

Actually, his site doesnt look bad at all. Being dark is not a bad thing. You just need to find the right colors to match the whole package and have enough contrast to at least read what's written on the page. Electrohead04 made a good job with this. For the "lines", I dont know why you think there are too many.

Before judging those who can design, you should concentrate on finding a proper look for your site. Have some contrast, dont use similar colors for all items and really, dont use disgusting flashy colors like you have right now.

belama we all have different tastes and thats my view on his website thats the way i see it

belama we all have different tastes and thats my view on his website thats the way i see it

You never said you were talking about your tastes ;)

Hi all,
Let's all talk about how well/or not so well our forums are doing. Tell each other what you have done that is making it successful or unsuccessful. Also, with your post please list what type of site your forum relates to. For example, mine relates to Movies.

I'm using a Bravenet Forum (free) but as usual visibility is an issue. Only a couple of people from the "outside" have left messages. Check it out on << url snipped >>.

wow this tread is getting big

Actually, his site doesnt look bad at all. Being dark is not a bad thing. You just need to find the right colors to match the whole package and have enough contrast to at least read what's written on the page. Electrohead04 made a good job with this. For the "lines", I dont know why you think there are too many.

Cheers belama! I am also working on a new design which is at
<< url snipped >>

Its dull at the moment but i will make some graphics for it at some point and liven it up a bit. Only problem is that i can't decide on colours for it :(

Cheers

I launched my forum last week and have 8 members which from the research I did is not bad and they are posting lol :cheesy:

My forum is based on the Get Paid to read/surveys anything really to do with making money on line!

I named it after my website rollinginit so as you can guess it has the boring name of Rollinginit Forum.

I am concentrating at the moment with the content and not the design but enjoying every minute and meeting new members

kaz

mine is doing terriblw in about months i have 3 members :cry:

send me yourr link i will have a look it is hard work though isn't it but fun :mrgreen:

My forum doesn't currently have many members, but I do get a few new members every few weeks ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.